Destiny's 'Trials of Osiris' detailed by Bungie

Bungie has detailed 'Trials of Osiris,' the forthcoming 3v3 PvP mode from the House of Wolves DLC.

Trials of Osiris is a 3v3 elimination mode which starts on a Friday and ends Monday. Both your Gear and Player level will be taken into account, so you'll need to bring your best character and equipment, along with two friends.

Guardians can revive team-mates, but Titans cannot self-revive and to win you'll need to be the first team to five points.

The more wins you accumulate, the greater the prize.

- Two wins = Stone tier prize
- Three wins = Bronze tier prize
- Five wins = Vest of the Exile Legendary chest armour
- Six wins = Silver tier prizes
- Seven wins = The Summoner Legendary auto rifle
- Eight wins = Gold Tier prizes
- Nine wins = Secret prize

If this means nothing to you then join the club.

Here's an archived live stream from Bungie which will hopefully shed more light on the matter and will also give you a lot more information that I've managed to gleam out of Eurogamer and Videogamer.

Edited On 30 Apr, 2015

Comments
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
More looking forward to the Prison of Elders as in the Trials I will be torn a new one. Plus it has the one weapon I will never own Fate of All Fools (Scout). Also, just being picky, Titans can't self-res, only Warlocks and they can in ToO
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Just means you get the enjoyment of putting them down twice ;-) When is the release date for this? I'd like to pre-order if possible but nothing (bar the season pass) is available yet
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
House of Wolves is out 19 May Kaysar. I am an ok PVP player but think I would get torn apart so dont know how much I would play it.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
By "this" I mean the House of Wolves DLC
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Cheers. I don't really have a regular fire team I could work with, but I'm slowly getting to grips with PvP. Got a 17 kill streak the other night with only one death the whole game. Followed quickly by a 10 to 12 kill to death. So may be not...
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I had a k/d ratio one game of 22 which was a crazy one off. I find have good games and then terrible games like last night was having games of K/d of 2's and 3's then had a few games getting low K/ds with one game I went 0.25!! I liked that they announced crucible marks and rewards are getting buffed.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Good. I'm torn between getting high crucible marks for new armour, or trading in for material to upgrade current armour. Just not finding the time to grind (although will this weekend if on Trials of Osiris)
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I'll give it a shot, need to keep my death/kill ratio up. Less grinding now too Kaysar thanks to the Speaker selling/swapping materials, so we'll up to 34 in no time
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
The Speaker does what now?!
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
He will be selling/swapping materials (radiants, like Eris does), use materials for glimmer and vice versa, that way you don't need to grind as much as before
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
To be fair I think there is gonna be a different kind of grind to get to 34 the grind for etherical light I dont think much is gonna drop each week.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
There are still a few chances throughout with PoE, ToO, NF, random. With 3 Guardians that's around 12 per week potentially
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
knowing my RNG luck wont be a while for me haha Kaysar check out last weeks reveal video which explains leveling up gear and the speaker stuff is near the end. https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12798
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
You and me both Bindiana. I still have never seen Thunderlord (want) drop or 4th Horseman (don't want)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Well that megaman guy said Thunderlord would be sold on 8 May by Xur this was before Bungie changed it so it cant be datamined so we might be in luck next week as I need that one still, as well the Gally and Hawkmoon they wont drop for me at all.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I hope you're right. Like I said, I never own Fate of all Fools as it's an Exotic bounty with insane ToO challenges. I won't mention my Gally drop. Hawkmoon seems to be the most elusive. I'm just waiting to be able to dual-wield my two 365 Fatebringers ... lol
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Never seen the point of self res in PvP. Radiant Skin makes the super top notch.