Sony isn't hosting a gamescom conference; Paris Games Week to host media briefing

Sony has confirmed it will not be holding a press conference at Gamescom 2015 and will instead announce new titles at Paris Games Week.

The decision was made due to the proximity of E3 and Gamescom, which to be fair makes perfect sense.

"We're delighted to announce that we will be hosting an international media briefing at Paris Games Week on 27th October," Sony said. "With the changes this year of E3 taking place a week later and Gamescom taking place earlier, we feel that both PlayStation and the wider industry would benefit from a major news milestone later in the year, during the most important period for gaming.

"We are excited about our plans and look forward to sharing some exciting announcements. We will share more information closer to the time."

Spreading new game announcements out throughout the year seems like a plan, rather than having them all within a few months. We look forward to the media briefing in Paris.

Edited On 06 May, 2015

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Quantic Dream must have a big announcement. Weird to drop Gamescom.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I thought Gamescom was not just to report new news, but show off the games and let people test them out. Sony obviously is not putting the money from the PS4 sales back into the PS4.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Sony will still be at gamescom to allow people to play their new and announced E3 games, they'll just not be hosting a conference, which was on a separate night in a different location anyway.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
The reason they are not having a conference at gamescom is simply because E3 is a week later this year and gamescom is a week earlier, making there only about a month and a few weeks between them. Best hold off a month or two and have other new announces.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
As a very recent PS owner, I am looking forward to seeing what Sony has up their sleeves, Fingers crossed for an Uncharted 1,2 & 3 remastered collection.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Seems like they have not got much to announce. The next game that the PS4 will be getting exclusively is Uncharted 4, and that is not until next year. Xbox ONE has to come Elite Dangerous, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza 6, for this year alone, plus no doubt other surprises. Sales of the PS4 do not seem to have slowed down from delays or cancellations or lack of exclusives, so why would Sony put effort in PS4 when it still sells even after disappointments?
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
why have you got inside information that Sony are not announcing much, the word announcement usually means stuff you didn't know was going to be shown , we could see a Hell of a lot of stuff announced not just stuff we expect to be announced , the stuff we know about is around the same as Xbox , but they will also probably have some new stuff too
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I do not have inside information, if I had I would not have started with "Seems". Xbox has more coming this year than PS4, so PS4 is already lacking, and if they had plenty to announce they could have spread out the info across E3 and Gamescom, but considering they will not bother with both, then they obviously only have enough info to fill one event.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
You seem to be forgetting Ratchet and Clank, Until Dawn and the likes Tony, also seem to be digging in to the lack of games this year when they've already put out more AAA games this year than X1. Probably why X1 sales only pick up around Christmas time. Plus why is MS releasing suprises but not Sony?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Racthet and Clank is just a reissue of the first game, and no solid release date for Until Dawn, whereas Elite Dangerous, Halo 5, Rise of the Guardian and Forza 6 are all confirmed for this year. There may be more. So far this year Xbox has given out ScreamRide, State of Decay, Neverwinter, FH2: Fast and Furious, Ori and the Blind Forest, with the first 3 that give plenty of long term playability. The only decent game to miss out with on the PS4 so far is Bloodborne. The Order 1886 is awesome looking but super short. Xbox has a lot to prove, so there is more coming out of Xbox, whereas Sony do not need to do much for PS4, as it still sells. The free AAA PS3 games on PS+ has stopped, but the Xbox 360 free games are getting better and better, and more and more. I have not seen any surprises from Sony, unlike MS - 2013 brought Games with Gold, and free games starting with Fable 3, 2014 brought a free track for Forza 5, and the Super Ultra Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + all announced and available that day - I have never seen Sony do things like this.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Oh come on, FH2 Dlc, ScreamRide and such? Lets throw in Godzilla coming out on PS4 why don't we ffs. http://www.listwar.com/ looks like PS4 is smashing it from what I see. If you are impressed with a free track on Forza as a big thing at E3 then I guess MS easily impresses you.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Fast and furious was free, and it was pretty awesome. The best DLC I have ever seen. ScreamRide is far better than The Order, it is way more fun, and I can see me playing this more than a day like The Order, even forever. The Order 1886 is just a showcase for people seeing other people playing it, and being impressed and want it, but then when you do play it is extremely underwhelming.. Looking at Scream Ride is not impressive but playing it is a lot of fun. I am impressed by the free track because it shows MS is putting effort to entice people (it is not free now though). In 2013 Sony did not even announce everything at E3, they said that they had more to announce at Gamescom. This year they only have enough info to share at E3
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Looking through the list of PS4 at listwar, I am not seeing anything decent. The games I listed on xbox are decent quality If I was going to include stupid games like Godzilla, I would have included Goat Simulator in my list.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
PC has had a lot of releases... Just saying...
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
You obviously haven't played much DLC from any other company then. Just had a look at your PSN and it doesn't seem like you've played The Order, so how can you say it is more fun? Or how long The Order lasts? So this means Sony is putting effort to entice people because it gives out Motorstorm buggys in to Driveclub? This makes no sense. Sony only have enough info to release at E3? Any idea what all the info Sony have is? Or are we again just projecting?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
How on earth can you (Tony) compare Screamride and the order? There complete and utterly different games, it's like comparing Minecraft to Project Cars. I do agree that the DLC for FH F&F was good/fun but it only took just over 2 hours to complete and from what Ive gathered with your comments over time is that you ALWAYS try to bash the PS and/or Sony in some shape or form.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
like jay said - Xbox have 'Announced' their games that are coming out - sony hasn't 'announced' some yet - so yeah, just because MS have named a few (tomb raider btw is just timed) doesn't mean PS hasn't got a lot. Plus PS have had more exclusives so far i think, can only think of a few Xbox ones. By exclusives i mean PS4 and not Xbone (so Ps3 and xbox and pc not counted) - 2 recents were Toukiden Kawami and Tropico 5 (overlooked because no that popular but still exclusive) and quite a few PSN digital only games don't seem to be on other platforms. I don't really care about exclusives tho - reason i got a PS4 was for Dynasty warriors and Koei seem to favor the PS4 over any other platform at the moment. I'm sure the Xbone has some good points - just nothing that would make me want one :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
also, not seen sony give away things free? dunno if this was Xbox too - but last year after a live stream - think it was e3, we got plants vs zombies free on ps4, mirrors edge on ps3 and nfs most wanted on vita (not bad for free and PvZ had only been out a few weeks). Plus sony seems to get quite a few exclusive dlc deals like the timed destiny and the exclusive new batman dlc (prob timed as well). so they do have a few things they surprise us with - they just do it every now and again. Neither console creators beat the nintendo directs though - they are great. MS and Sony should do more things like that, keeping us up to date on stuff :)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I am comparing Screamride and The Order because they are console exclusives and were released around the same time. The Order costs way more, looks awesome but plays short. Screamride costs less, does not look next gen, does not look awesome, but gives more gameplay and is fun. Many reviews state that The Order is short, one person on here bought it and sold it before or on release date, I am waiting for price drop to £10- £20, it has already dropped loads already.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I am sure that Sony will have new games to announce, but I doubt any will release this year. MS have a tendency to announce stuff at the last minute. Driveclub was known since E3 2013, and did not release until Oct 2014. We did not know about Forza Horizon 2 until a year after we knew about Drive club, and it got released first.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
My intention is not to bash PS4, but PS4 is not all that great, and it just seems that people own the PS4, and just accept its trash and ignore the Xbox ONE. I do not see Sony doing much for the PS4 when it is ahead, as why would they put in the effort when it still sells after delays and cancellation. I am sure that Sony could have saved Silent Hills if they wanted to, by renewing Norman Reedus contract, but saw no point in bothering. Also PS+ offering for PS3 have diminished completely. Micosoft have not given out crap Xbox 360 games for ages now, they have dropped the price to £299, keep buying up exclusives, giving out freebies left right and center, and doing everything to get on top. If Sony do not have any decent competition the future of consoles is bleak. We will continue getting short games like The Order, more delays, more cancellations, and treated like crap.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Most comments I see from people are mainly praising the PS4 for outperforming the Xbox ONE on multiplatform titles, rather than saying their exclusives are awesome. When the PS4 stops slaughtering the Xbox ONE and both end up having healthy sales, even with PS4 ahead, and Sony are being kept on their toes, then I will stop criticizing the PS4 and promoting the Xbox ONE. I have both consoles and if I thought the PS4 was overall better than the Xbox ONE, I would simply move over to it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I'm sorry, but why do you think the xbone has been reduced so much in a short time? Plus maybe Sony isnt faffing with new gimmics because it doesn't need to. The console works, the online works, the games work and perform better than the rivals and everyone is happy (unless you have to deal with customer service but that's the same for Ms or steam as well). Plus you mention silent hills, that was konami, not Sony. So maybe other things happened they can't legally talk about which is stopping them creating it, on the other hand Sony doesn't need it to sell consoles. I think the xbone was a good idea, but not in practice as they have clearly fallen behind this time. I was 360 only for about 8 years as well. Ah well. Everyone has an opinion
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I suppose it does seem like opinions really but also it seems people got an idea in their head that xbox ONE sucks and only owns PS4 and not got money to buy Xbox ONE too, so have to deal with whatever PS4 gives and have no choice but to stick to PS4 - well I own both consoles, so I can choose between them. I bought £100 for £80 to my PSN wallet the other month when Bloodborne released, from the paypal offer, bought Bloodborne, but then struggled to buy more PS4 games, in the end I just bought some PS3 (PS2 classics) games on sale. Xbox ONE works, the online works, online always works better than playstation, the games also work on Xbox ONE. The order is a gimmick - has flash graphics to wow onlookers, but then gameplay falls super short. I just think that Sony could do so much better, but due to their financial situation they are sitting back and let the PS4 sales roll in, and letting the PS4 recover their finances than putting it back into PS4, and doing things like saving Silent Hills. If Xbox ONE was not behind, MS would not have bought out Minecraft or Tomb Raider, and PS4 owners would be playing it this year, plus it is not guaranteed that it will come to PS4 in the end, only assumed. The Xbox ONE has dropped in price because obviously people like to be disappointed nowadays, everyone thinks the PS4 is the best and got negative vibes got into their heads before the consoles were even released. People bought the PS4 over Xbox ONE not because of what they actually are, but what they expect it to be, and obviously nowadays people like to have delays (Uncharted and Gran Turismo 7), delays and broken releases (Drive Club), cancellations (Silent Hills). I do not trust Sony in releasing any game, still waiting on Last Guardian from PS3, and Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 was delayed a year when it was about a week from release. Also if I recall Sony said that a new Gran Turismo could end up being released in 2014 or 2015, but now does not look like it will happen until 2017 (which will probably be later). I do not know of any release on Xbox ONE that has been majorly delayed or cancelled. I do not understand why people believe Sony BS but do not respect MS for doing the right thing. The state of this console war means the PS4 is victorious, but in the end could kill console gaming all together., unless Xbox or Nintendo can claw their way to the top and close in on Sony to give them a run for their money, and motivate them again. I noticed Dannys post saying he could not handle Project Cars and wished he kept the Xbox ONE for Forza, before he deleted it. Also no matter how much Sony disappoints, I will still not stoop so low as to go smash the console up, and it did not even cost me anything. My main aim is to try and get people believe in Xbox / MS again when they do not have a Xbox ONE, and get some Xbox ONE sold. If anyone does not have a Xbox ONE and has a PS4, then it is certainly worth having and get for the exclusives at least. I doubt sales will ever surpass Sony, the way things keep going, but the better stuff will be on MS as they are pulling out all stops to get it to the top, whereas Sony do not have to do much. I do not like the sudden drop in the free AAA PS3 games, which I take is because Sony were only offering more AAA PS3 games before because the sub was not needed for online games, and as the PS4 has sold so many, there is no need, but for PS3 only users, this is crap. I may only renew the PS+ sub for 3 months, to finish through the free games I got for the past year.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
So your argument is you will stop bashing the PS4 when XB has good sales? And if you dont bash the PS4 you are poor and can't afford an XB1? Lol ok then.
When are you two going to stop flirting and have sex?
^^This^^
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Ok then...
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 2 years ago
Tony, last gen X360 had better multiplats, PS3 had better/more exclusives. This gen PS4 has multiplats and exclusives advantage and the gap will only widen with time - simple as that. If you personally prefer Xbone over PS4 imagining nonexistent advantages - that's your problem...