Spanish retailer lists 1TB Xbox One

It was probably only a matter of time, but it seems Microsoft may be gearing up to release a 1TB version of the Xbox One.

Spanish retailer Lamee listed a picture of the new SKU, although it has since been removed.

Lamee priced the new console at 449.99 Euros, 50 Euros higher than the standard price and dated it for June 23, which is not long after E3 takes place.

The current price for the Xbox One in the UK is £299, and the 1TB model seems to retail at £350 according to the listing, so it seems it may not be a straight replacement and that the current 500GB models will be sticking around.

Edited On 11 May, 2015

Comments
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
COD AW Xbox One had a 1TB HDD but either way 1TB isn't enough, They should be releasing consoles with at least 2TB HDDs and just charge an extra £65 as on top of the RRP as that's how 2TB HDDs cost but TBH both Microsoft and Sony should of done that right at the beginning on this console cycle.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
1TB is more than twice the extra capacity, a lot of 500GB space is used for the OS. It is good to give options, so they should still keep the 500GB model going, as some people may not need that much - just install the games you currently play and then sell and uninstall them. I have used up all 1TB space on the AW console. Any size HDD can not be big enough, so it is better that Sony and MS do not unnecessarily equip the consoles with big HDDs, and then not everyone needs it all, it will be a waste of money for both consumer and manufacturer. So it is good that with the Xbox you can buy external HDDs if you want, and increase the capacity. The problem with PS4 replacing the HDD is that what do you do with the old one? If you get a 2TB internal HDD then that is all you get, as you replace the existing 500GB one, but if you get an external HDD then you add that to the 500GB, and get 2.5TB total
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I'll be upgrading my PS4 HDD to a 2TB one and I will more then likely sell the 500GB one on eBay.
Neil 2 years ago
To be honest I think I'd want about 8TB to be wholly satisfied, filled the 500GB so quickly... Heard Arkham Knight will take 50gigs install alone, I don't want to have to keep messing around deleting stuff...
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
8TB? You must be planning on keeping every game you buy, personally I only want a small collection of about 30 games at any one time.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Not sure how much I will need in the end, but 2TB on Xbox ONE would be too little. With PS4, even the 500GB may be enough. If updating PS4 HDD you need to get as big as possible, so you do not need to upgrade again. Quite a lot of games I have purchased in 2014 are keepers, and games like Zoo tycoon and Screamride, and all the Forzas plus NFS Rivals, will get long term play. Also there is all the EA Access games, I do not play them much as I am not a sports person, but handy to be installed if people come around and want a game. That is the main problem with this gen, as the games need to be installed and can not run straight from disc, so even disc installs can take a time eg if a friend wants to play a certain game, and it is not installed, then can not just stick game in and play.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Unfortantly the PS4 is currently limited to 2TB otherwise I would of gone for a 4TB as there not much more expensive but I do think that the Xbox One has a much simplier HDD upgrading route as ya just play any USB 3.0 HDD into it and boom it works but with the PS4 ya need to take the old HDD put, pop a new HDD in, download an update file in to a USB stick, pop that USB stick into the PS4 then turn the PS4 on and following the instructions but with the PS4s route ya don't have a random HDD sat next to it like ya would with the Xbox Ones route.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i've had a 1tb in my PS4 for about 6 months - constantly having to delete games - I hate the mandatory installs, should be optional like before. got a 2tb samsung on its way tonight, so my night will consist of backing up the 1tb, installing the 2tb - updating the firmware and restoring the data. supposedly since the last update it is now easier - last time it took ages due to having to back up each save 1 by 1 (which if you have over 65 games like me takes ages!) I think 2tb should be okay though. Been ploughing through older games and platinuming them then deleting them
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
small collections... pssshhh http://puu.sh/hKloU/7a424c65e4.jpg
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 2 years ago
Yep, Xbox fans love to buy unnecessary overpriced additional X-accessories instead of having freedom of choice and flexibility of Sony's solutions...
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
496 hours? Pfffft
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I know it's a pretty shocking attempt tbh shame it doesn't track my runescape hours http://puu.sh/hKrbu/62335090c7.jpg
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Just tried to check my Runescape stuff but having not played in 10 years it seems that, even though I can sign in, it says I'm not a member.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
only 289 games? https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561197991282358/?cc=uk
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
The 2TB HDD that I am thinking about buying for my PS4 next week is from Argos (code is: 248/9935) and its only £64.99.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
you've been a member 8 years to my 1...
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
ewwwwww seagate
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
@Toots, If you have a better suggestion that is under £80 that all works perfectly fine with the PS4 then feel free to share.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
@Hymeleon How is MS not being flexible vs Sony? Whether you buy an internal drive for the PS4 or an external drive for the Xbox ONE, they are both still additional extras. However, the PS4 has only offered 500GB. The Xbox ONE has had the 1TB with the COD AW console, and soon people will have choice as 1TB too. I am not comfortable in removing and swapping a HDD, so the Xbox ONE solution is better. The Wii U uses the same option too. You can just keep adding more HDDs as you go along, and the ability to only use a max of 2TB in the PS4 is stupid -it does not offer a long lasting solution. The best option would be a choice of consoles with varying HDD sizes, and that is what MS are offering with Xbox ONE, Sony have yet to. Xbox 360 was the worst until the other week, with its update, and having to deal with Xbox specific HDDs and 2 varieties as well.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
my drive is a seagate: http://www.very.co.uk/seagate-2tb-backup-plus-slim-portable-drive/1459381906.prd?_requestid=77151 - catalog so buy now pay later. plus in enclosure so i can put the 1tb in it and use it on my pc/wii u.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Personally i'd go with http://www.ebuyer.com/512891-wd-elements-2tb-usb-3-0-portable-external-hard-drive-black-wdbu6y0020bbk-eesn
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
thing with the seagates - the cases are supposed to be a pain - gonna wrestle mine tonight - no screws or something, will be a pop and lock kind of case
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
@Toot's, Holy shit, Okay.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Something to bear in mind is that Sony could update the PS4 to accept 4TB. Even the Xbox 360 now supports 4TB (2x2TB) from 64GB (2 x 32GB) as extra storage on top of the Xbox HDD. So it may be good to wait to upgrade until you need to, as if they update the PS4 before you need more than 500GB, then it could be rather annoying.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
If they do then I'll just upgrade the HDD again from a 2TB to a 4TB and just sell the 2TB either to a friend for £50 or flog it on eBay, I need to upgrade my HDD ASAP as I've only got 47GB left as I bought 9 games so far for my PS4 and intend to buy another 4 or 5 at the end of the month.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
i wouldn't mind a 4tb option but more than happy with my 2tb at the moment got plenty of big installs on it with room to spare
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i'm on 810GB - just backing to the 2TB then will copy to the 1TB currently in it then swap and restore - joy. about 1.2 my collection can't be installed because I have no room - I don't even have any videos, its just all games