Thursday Chat: May 14

I've been trying to figure out how to stream from the Wii U, so once allowed we will bring you some Splatoon on twitch.tv/shopto, in the meantime though it's time for some gaming news.

So what are you up to today?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 14 May, 2015

Comments
Working my way through Kirby and Puzzles & Dragons still, hit a bit of a wall with Puzzles & Dragons, so it's probably good I have Codename STEAM coming tomorrow to replace it in my 3DS
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
been playing on PS now last night while re-downloading my PS4 games! the quality isn't bad for streaming and seems really responsive. Played a bit of Xcom and Uncharted - never played this before, was really impressed with it. have a 35 quid voucher for PSN - dunno what to get, thinking DMC or hardline.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Joe, i have a avermedia capture device - cost me 50 quid from CEX (they about 70 new) and you jsut plug in HDMI in and HMDI out (to tv) then a usb to pc and using software like xsplit (free for non commercial) and you can stream direct to twitch
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I like Xsplit as you can set up follower alerts and text like latest followers, donators and even stream literally anything - I use it for PS4 and Wii U as the PS4 drops in quality using the built in streaming after a while - running through PC remains at a constant great quality with more options to change. just ensure you use the hdmi out to a tv/monitor as there is a 1/2 second lag when viewing on the PC - I just unplug one monitor and plug directly into that
I use a Avermedia ExtremeCap U3 as there is no delay on the preview screen so I can use my Sennheiser PC363D's with my consoles
Also some people prefer to use OBS for streaming
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
yeah, i coulnd't get my head around obs - xsplit seems much easier to set up and use. plus you don't have to pay for it if you are happy with 4 'sets' and 30fps streaming (I pay to get 60fps). Think mine is the Budget one haha - only a minor delay but i dont mind using the tv as the tv (use a 32" lcd as a pc monitor so just swap the hdmi cable) - if you get a setup like this though Joe i would advise to sue it for your PS4 streams too, will get better quality out of it and more control
OBS has a larger learning curve but it's simple once you learn it. Doesn't RECentral have its own streaming option?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
it does, but purely streams the game and a mic if you plug into the device, you can't have facecam or fancy shizzle on the screen. I originally used Xsplit gamecaster but that was literally just the games, then i changed to Broadcaster which is the one you can play around with.
Ah. Never used it since my Upload is only 0.06(7)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I have approx 5Mb upload - so about 500kb/s - does me for either 1080/30 or 720/60. I even used to do 1080/60 which was okay. just had to sacrifice a little quality. The avermedias are a nice investment though if you are going to be streaming a lot :)
Neil 2 years ago