Sony not worried about its line up for Xmas 2015, says Gara

Sony Computer Entertainment UK MD Fergal Gara has said that he's not worried about PS4's perceived lack of titles for Xmas 2015, hinting that the platform holder has some surprises up its sleeve for E3.

"I won't go into any detail now," Gara told MCV. "There is plenty for gamers to get excited about already, such as Tearaway for PS4 and No Man's Sky. That's just the start of what is on the table right now. So I don't have any concerns that we will have a lack of strong software for PS4 this peak."

Sony, of course, has released titles in early 2015 too, with games such as The Order 1886 and Bloodborne out now. It also must be considered that big hitters such as Battlefront, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty and FIFA will also arrive in Q4 for all platforms, meaning that any other games released will struggle to mean sales expectations. Still, Microsoft has Forza 6, Tomb Raider as a timed exclusive, Halo 5 and possibly even a Gears of War Remaster, so Sony will be looking to compete by utilising its many first party studios. We imagine that Nintendo will also have a say, especially if it keeps up its decent form of late.

Despite the delay of Uncharted 4 and Ratchet 7 Clank, anyone who thinks that first party publishers, such as Sony, won't have a few exclusives for Xmas 2015 is likely to be proven wrong.

E3 will have the answers.

Edited On 14 May, 2015

Comments
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Uncharted remastered collection?
Chris 2 years ago
No Mans Sky will do for me
megabug7's avatar
megabug7 2 years ago
Dare I say The Last Guardian?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Microsoft also has Elite Dangerous, plus maybe more from E3. This article is the reason why I am not into the PS4 at the moment. At least Playstation realise they have a problem. but indie games like Tearaway and No Mans sky is not going to cut it, it needs games like Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo, a new God of War or a totally new Ratchet and Clank for PS4. Whilst No Mans Sky looks interesting if I did not have a PS4 already, I would not get a PS4 for it, the same for the remastered PS2 game Ratchet and Clank.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
" At least Playstation realise they have a problem" - where was this in the above article? What I read was that they are not worried (probably a question asked ot them) because they have a few surprises.Plus I wouldn't call Tearaway an indie title (people throw the title 'indie game' at any game that isn't AAA, surely indie means independant, meaning no major publisher - which 'tearaway' has (Sony is the publisher) - so not technically an indie title - I would call it a 1st party title.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Also, just googled Elite Dangerous as i've never heard of it - not my kind of game, online only space battles which require xbox live to be purchased to allow you to play it. In the digitalspy interview it states: "Following the game's Xbox One announcement, Braben said there are plans to "support more" consoles, including PS4." - so yeah, looks like it may come to PS4 as well if that's your thing
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
The problem is "PS4's perceived lack of titles for Xmas 2015" which is the reason why I am not into the PS4, it is lacking titles for this year. I doubt any AAA title that gets announced at E3 will be released this year, if any do get released this year it will be indie titles. Sony always like to brag about titles that are far from release. Elite Dangerous, is a new game based on the popular 80s game Elite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(video_game)) which was on BBC Micro, Spectrum etc which is about space travel and trading more so than space battles From what I could tell it is online, but is mostly single player, I mentioned it as it is coming to xbox ONE, but got omitted from the article when Tomb Raider was also mentioned, and both may end up on PS4, but not this year
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Tony you just love taking digs at Sony don't you?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
the new consoles have been out 18 months and it still seems like you're trying to justify your purchase of the xbox one to yourself.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
This is not a dig, as Playstation can see they have a problem, and backs up my negative views of the PS4 It seem you have it backwards, other people are justifying their purchase of the PS4, I am not. If I was I would be playing on the PS4 more so than Xbox ONE.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
once again - the above doesn't mention Playstation agree there is an issue, they say there isn't an issue and hints at E3 having some reveals. They were probably asked 'do you feel like there is a problem' and they responded 'no'. and your view on elite dnagerous - you are aware it is a MMO, so always online - no offline, single player a second thought to playing with others as it has been built around everyone in the same 'world'? If you like MMO's then great - personally I'm getting bored of them as there are too many that require too much dedication with very little rewards. Plus the fact Sony can still sell millions and dont have to rely on big announcements kinda of shows there is no problems there. you are just expressing your opinion as fact, when it isn't
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
plus "he's not worried about PS4's perceived lack of titles for Xmas 2015" means he isn't' worried that the person asking him the question has the opinion that there isn't much coming out for Christmas. As the next part advises - we are in for some reveals at E3. again, he didn't say he agreed with the comment above, he answered it, it was the question/phrase used towards him
PHILIP 2 years ago
@superniceguy I have to say from what I have noticed from your anti Sony comments over the last few months regarding the Ps4 you don't even in the slightest seem to be happy with the console. I think the best thing you can do is sell it and buy yourself more xbox games and you'll find that you'll be a far happier person then.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I am not saying that he agrees that nothing is coming out, I am saying that he notices that people are noticing that not much is coming out. I doubt he is responding from me from the other week. Other people have been saying the same too. It is KNOWN AT THE MOMENT, that there is not much coming for Xmas 2015, but now according to this news article there may be. When I said there was not much coming for the PS4 this year, the other week, no one would accept that, but even Playstation recognise that as fact to the public, and people on here made me out to be talking nonsense, when in fact what I was saying *had* merit. I am not justifying my purchase of the console, I am justifying my comments here, as people keep having a dig at ME. I am happy with console, I am just not happy being attacked for every comment, when in fact playstation have highlighted I have HAD valid points.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Elite Dangerous is not fully MMO, it has single player too. It is like Sim City as being online only initially. If you see Elite Dangerous in Steam, it has various modes http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/ or read this review http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006617832/recommended/359320/ but if you look at Elder Scrolls Online it only has MMO http://store.steampowered.com/app/306130/ But it is still another game (like Tomb Raider being timed exclusive which was mentioned in the article) coming to Xbox ONE first, whether you like it or not!
PHILIP 2 years ago
I am not "attacking" you my friend I was merely addressing the fact that whenever I see your comments (not just recently over the last few months) about Sony they are always negative as if you have a grudge for some reason. I have the Ps3, 4 and Wii u. I haven't got an Xboxone because the exclusives aren't enough for me to buy one but I still think its a very good console. In fact Ori and the blind forest looks amazing and Tomb Raider will be awesome I am sure (I can wait for that on Ps4 though). I will get an Xb one in the future when I have caught finished my back collection of ps3 stuff. Until recently I've hardley touched the Wii U because nothing has interested me on there but I am still happy with it. You just didn't come across happy with your Ps4 thats all. I Never intended for you to feel like I was "attacking" you so for that I am sorry. Hopefully you will start to enjoy it more over the coming months.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
You get attacked for every comment cause every comment over the last 12-18 months you made on here is just slamming Playstation it has got very boring very fast you spout your opinion as if its facts written in stone. Just take your little jibe about Elite being a timed exclusive but forget to mention Sony has No Mans Sky as a timed exclusive at the same time so your not giving a fair reflection. Seeing as you didnt even buy your PS4 you got given it you should of given it to charity so that someone could actually get some enjoyment out of it.
Anthony is a prize bellend, always has been, always will be.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Name changes don't change personalities.