Friday Chat: May 15

What are you plans? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing? Are you doing anything exciting? Let us know what you are up to.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 15 May, 2015

Comments
Got Codename STEAM coming today, so will have a bash on that over the weekend, play some more Kirby too. Also have ordered myself an extra long gamepad battery for my Wii U, after two and a half years of gaming the battery life on my gamepad is down to about 2 hours, and I'm going to need more than that when Splatoon arrives.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
bought DMC on PSN last night in the sale - so gonna play on that once the 1.3TB of updates and games have finished re-downloading - PSN so slow to download off! Then prob some PS Now games as I never played the ps3. Been playing Shovel Knight in work but its really annoying me as i keep dying haha!
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
I'm planning to do some uni work this weekend, and hopefully mash out some Destiny too in the from of strikes. Need to get 25 done for a bounty and will also play in nicely to me buying a weapon with some vanguard marks. Otherwise, got a few games on my phone to try out like Sorcery 3 and Logging Quest 2 (both of which seem simple and well done)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Kaysar if you want to speed that up it counts as 2 strikes when you do the Weekly Heroic and 3 when you do Nightfall. Downloaded the Beta for Rocket League, will give it a go. Been playing FarCry 4 lately. Just unlocked all Bell Towers.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Cheers for the heads up. I assume you can only do the weekly heroic once? Thing is, I'm after vanguard points too so unless you get them for weekly heroic I don't mind blasting through the random strike section.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Nope as many times as you like but only get rewards once. You get 5 or 8 vanguard marks for the first time doing it.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Well I can at least do it the once before shifting over to the random strike section :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah Nightfall counts as 3 and weekly counts as 2 can even do the weekly on the lowest difficulty and still counts as 2 so could run 24 weekly 13 times to get the bounty done. But thats a lot of Omnigul and may drive you insane haha.
I have £14 in my Xbox Live Account that expires on the 1st. Any recommendations on what to buy?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Syberia 2 has just gotten released. Anything in this list? http://xbldb.com/current-deals Or wait and see what else will be on sale from 19th and the 26th May and revisit that link on those dates to see
Thanks. I still think it's rubbish that credit expires
RE HD is around £14 I think, you could probably get a few episodes of Revelations 2 for that as well.
Already have REmake HD on PC so that's out of the question. I should have said I would prefer to spend it on stuff that isn't on PC
Goat simulator is out of the question then. ;)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Arcania on PS4 arrived today - forgot i ordered as it was over a week ago - not bad. Graphics are nice, was a 1/4 of the price of witcher 3 haha. so this will do until i can get witcher i guess
Arcania is decent enough but nothing to write home about
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i'm finding the facial expressions rather amusing. only cost 12 quid
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I take back the fact I likes PS Now - today its been hard to access, games are laggy, quality degrading, games such as Enslaved are impossible to play do to about a 1 second lag in controls and even Uncharted has a 1/2 second controller lag. Googled and supposedly if a lot of people are using the service it degrades - this is on Beta - If it is like this now, what will it be like when it goes live! May not use this once its no longer free
That is why it's a Beta
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
yeah but no excuse as its in public beta, so this is pretty much what its gonna be like live. after every game it gives you a survey. been marking controller response as 1 on most games in the last few games. we are probably still using usa servers, they need to use the old onlive servers as i think they were over here somewhere. may even be the annoying hack they did on psn again as i'm finding it hard to even get into the ps now menu
Public Beta is still a Beta