Latest Charts, w/e May 23: The Witcher 3 rolls to the top

This week's latest charts are in, showing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as the top selling title.

It's perhaps no surprise to see CD Projekt's title do so well considering what an epic game it is, but the developer and publisher Bandai Namco will no doubt be pleased anyway.

In terms of sales The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt smashes the week 1 sell through of ‘Battlefield Hardline’ by 53% to become the biggest debut week for a title in 2015 so far.

It also matches the debut position of ‘The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings’, but ‘Witcher III’ also delivers an increase of 608% on the week 1 sales of its 2012 predecessor. As far as formats go, PS4 was the clear winner taking a 63% share.

Elsewhere in the charts, Farming Simulator 15 takes second spot, while Grand Theft Auto V, FIFA 15 and Project Cars make up the top five.

Here's the top 40.

Edited On 26 May, 2015

Comments
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Xbox ONE version of Witcher 3 keeps higher frame rate than PS4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=267&v=tkB8gpPzMkw
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Gosh! you were right all along Tony! XbOx OnE iz da best! why did I buy stoopid Ps4 :'(
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
true. looks like the PS4 has been locked at 30 but the Xbox one is either unlocked or locked at about 35/40. Just hope the patch out this weeks increase the Frame Rate a bit - its not unplayable but its noticeable in big fights
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
"And outside of the resolution divide (Favouring Sony's platform at a true 1920x1080) core graphic settings are matched between the two, mostly borrowing from PC's medium and high presets. Performance is also a sticking point; PS4 is preferable in this case for its 30fps cap, though it suffers from some stutter, while Xbox One's uncapped frame-rate gives us far less consistant experience. " - Digital Foundry.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Hope when i get around to the witcher 3 i'll be able to keep a steady 60fps..
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Oh Toots you gaming snob! PC version for you then :P
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
;-)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
The main point of my comment was not to say the "XbOx OnE iz da best" but that numbers really do not matter, which seems to dictate that PS4 is better than Xbox ONE - many games on PS4 have been reported as having the same issue. It is how the games play that counts, but the PS4 version was dipping right down to 20FPS though. If the Xbox ONE gets patched to cap the 30FPS like what was done to Infamous Second Son, then it should make the game a whole lot better. PC will be 60FPS if your PC can handle it, mine is under min spec currently, so even if it ran it, it would probably be under 20FPS
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
So your point in the UK weekly sales was that numbers don't matter? By posting a video saying XB1 is better (nevermind what the experts say). Ok Tony. Ok.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I did not say the Xbox ONE is better, you are. I just posted saying the Xbox ONE had higher frame rates, which is true. Just to clarify I mean numbers as in 30 vs 60 FPS or 900p vs 1080p, not sales numbers. I posted it here because "Witcher 3 rolls to the top". PS4 probably sold more because it was getting 1080p and not 900p, but I bet the xbox ONE version would have sold more if it got reported beforehand, that Xbox ONE would be getting 25-40FPS whereas PS4 gets 20-30FPS. People go where the numbers are. That is why PS4 sells more, but other games on PS4 have the same less inconsistent issue, and that is why Infamous Second Son got patched to optionally cap the FPS to 30. Neither console is better, they both have their pros and cons, and both PS4 and Xbox ONE are decent machines, I am more xbox ONE because it needs it, due to people being blinded by the numbers.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Tony, You are pissing in the wind mate..
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Ps4 sold more as there are double the number of Ps4s out there. Is it that hard to understand? "It needs it" is also hilarious.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
You have been saying xbox one is better for over 18 months Tony!! I have never seen anyone as deluded as you. Every post you make is just a dig at PS4 and XbOx iZ Da Best post. Agree with Dynamite with "it needs it" comment was hilarious. That maybe the dumbest thing I have read regarding a console "war"
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
but but da XbOx iZ Da Best it has all da APpZ and NoN GamiNg Related StUffZ dat every1 careZ 4
I don't know why anyone even tries to talk to that moron.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Nobody has asked the main question though. Why is farm simulator number 2?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Farm simulator is Love, Farm simulator is life.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Hah Adam! That would indeed be the dumbest thing I've read so far regarding this if he hadn't have already come out with this peach but 24 hrs ago ---http://www.shopto.net/news/48866/Sony-video-says-play-the-best-games-on-PS4 --- Apparently he bought two XB1's just to boost sales so that Sony "stop becoming lazy and bring the awesome games" !!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it Sony!
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Regarding Farming Simulator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CHJioxXEmY
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
That is a cracker shame we cant do polls on here we could have a poll for the dumbest thing Tony has said. Some of the options would be the it needs it quote in this thread, the purchasing of 2 xboxs to stop Sony being lazy and buying 12 or so versions of watchdogs just to get all DLC and preorder bonuses. People should feel free to add there own as well.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
All I understand is that people on here like to abuse and insult me, and any chances of a decent conversation goes out the window. I hope that DW will enjoy Ratchet and Clank this year, oh wait! It does not matter what I say, it will always be regarded as dumb. The whole time, my main opinion is that both are good, but I find the Xbox ONE better, but it gets twisted to that Xbox ONE is the best period. I never said that I bought 2 Xboxs to stop Sony being lazy - I said that I bought 2 Xboxes, AND that I think Sony are being lazy, but the 2 comments are not linked in any way. I bought the 2nd COD AW Xbox to get a bigger HDD and because the 1 year warranty was running out, and intended on selling the original but could not part with it, I could not let someone have my flawless Day ONE edition. If there is a 2TB Xbox released in the future, I will trade in my 1TB Xbox for it. the amount of Watch Dogs versions keep going up, and there is not even 12 versions out there, plus in the end I only bought 2, and will rent the others if I get around to it. Initially I planned on buying them all as I thought the game was going to be super awesome, but after playing it on the Xbox 360 it was not as good as it was made out to be.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
What does me wanting R&C this year before it got delayed due to the movie have to do with anything?
Neil 2 years ago
The comparison argument of PS4 and Xbone is similar in style of boasting that your John is 0.3746mm bigger than someone elses. Are you really going to go there?...
Autogamer's avatar
Autogamer 2 years ago
I wonder when we will get next gen consoles, the current gen is already decrepit! We seriously have to endure 5+ years with less than 1080p and 60fps except in remasters? 1080p and 60fps is the now, the future should be better than this again. If they can not achieve these stats now, then it will only go worse as they push the machines through the years. PC is the place to be, witcher 3 is the best on pc, and if they were not catering for the consoles, the pc version would have been even better. Maybe nintendo will save the day, with their next new console? If not, consoles are done.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
yeah but if nintendo's is drastically better than the PS4/Xbox one (like the GC over the Xbox and PS1/2 then it will probably cause sony and MS to get a new one out faster, thus making Nintendo has a small lead. I don't think Nintendo will push for faster though as it will bump up the prices, If they announce soon it will probably be the same level as the current systems. I really hope it has the gamepad again though so it's backwards compatible and the gamepad is awesome, having the maps separate to the main screen is so much better than clogging up the HUD