Wednesday Chat: May 27

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 27 May, 2015

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
new Game of Thrones came out late last night - downloaded but not had chance to play it yet. Might do it tonight. Just hope next Borderlands is coming soon as well.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
My partner's daughter's third birthday today. They're off to see a ballet this afternoon, and I've took the afternoon off work to move in her new pets whilst she's out. Got her a pair of rats which whilst adorable and very playful, are wickedly intelligent and are still escaping from their cage a month into having them at mine. Found a smaller cage for them but I feel tight having them in something nearly half the size of their (huge) cage. Should have time for gaming but I'm that far behind in my uni work I'll spend the rest of the afternoon, before they get home, reading.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I've been thinking, With the hundreds of thousands of viewers that e-sports pull in everyday why has nobody thought to capitalize on this and bring out a TV channel dedicated to E-sports? Something in the same style of sky sports. Just off of the top of my head i can think of Counterstrike, Dota, league of legends and halo which all have a decent Competitive Scene. E-sports games are played everyday and someone is really missing a trick.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Maybe we could set one up? ShopToESports.com. Can I be Jeff Stelling?
Can't see people paying to watch people play games to be honest.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
People pay money to watch people play football, and that's just a game. I do agree, though, it's unlikely to take off any time soon. However, if there is enough skill and excitement on show, I can see people paying to watch events. Failing that, you just get ads to fund the show.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
You'd be suprised at how much time people actually dedicate to not only following the competitive side of E-sports but all the drama which comes with it. Like the roster changes etc... I can log onto say for example the CSGO subreddit and i'd say a good 75% of the threads are talking about the competitive side of the game. You'd be suprised how big E-sports is, at the main events they have pundits and commentators there analysing the games. It's even possible to bet on E-sports, personally i think E-sports is just going to grow and grow.
And maybe when it has done for a decade then it'll be worth a TV channel.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i suppose so yeh.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
There was a Gaming channel but it bombed. People prefer to watch their select players and games rather than have a TV sbow dictate it. TurnipLord it is a gpod episode, but I think I have pissed off a certain Mr Bolton.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Wasn't that last channel just about showing trailers though? i vaguely remember it i think.. i believe it was called something like tnt or something.
There's still a gaming channel with proper shows and everything, GINX, it is pretty crappy and they repeat all the shows 3 times a day or something though.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I'll take this idea to the dragons
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i'll play it tonight - was too tired last night - only spent a few hours on Witcher and that was it. Fell asleep before I could even eat my pot noodle I had ont he table cooling down! Had sex with 4 whores and 3 main characters so far in the Witcher - I need to buy myself a stuffed Unicorn
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Speaking of the Witcher - got an update on PSN last night and the framerate seems to have improved - its a lot smoother - I know it wasn't covered in the update notes but to me is seems like it is now playing better than it was before.
Neil 2 years ago
I don't notice a difference with the framerate, but didn't notice it bad before the update... Just bought a Wii U also, are there any good games that aren't super happy bouncy fun time!? Looking forward to X, the new Zelda, Fatal Frame and Fire Emblem though!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
ah right - i did have to re-install though cos I got the infinite loading bug the day before the update - so re-installing it may have solved that :/ ah well. had a good bash on it last night. I have pretty much 90% of retail Wii U games, nice cheap ones are Batman origins and arkham city (big head modes are great), Zombie U if you like rogue-like survival (when you die, you die, and come back as a new person each time), Bayonetta 1+2, Hyrule Warriors, MK 8, SB, I really enjoyed Splinter cell and the 2 AC games as well but the ac games do suffer from below 30fps in areas (as did other consoles as well). Can't rremember anything else! haha