Halo ODST joins The Master Chief Collection *Update*

Update 1: Microsoft has now begun issuing free Halo 3: ODST download codes to early adopters of The Master Chief Collection.

Update: It appears that news of ODST joining The Master Chief Collection this Friday was a little premature, because it won't be and it currently has no date.

The news was confirmed by Microsoft itself as you can see below.

Original: The remastered version of Halo ODST joins The Master Chief Collection this Friday as a free add-on for those who have been playing the game from launch up until December 19.

Those interested will be pleased to hear that the game runs at 1080p/60fps and will be a 8.1 GB download.

If you missed the launch window then details will follow later in the week as to how much this will cost to add to your collection.

Are you excited for Halo ODST? All that's missing now is Halo Reach and Halo Wars, the latter being best of the lot in my opinion.

Edited On 30 May, 2015

Comments
SilverShane's avatar
SilverShane 2 years ago
Halo wars remake would be the best, the Xbox one doesn't have a good rts game at all yet
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I have now received Halo 3 ODST :) That is only a delay of 1 day. If MS delays stuff there is not much waiting time. If it this was Sony would not get it for a year or more!
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
STFU, No where on this article does it mention Sony nor the PS4 but yet again you find any excuse to take a jab. If ya don't fucking like the console the sell it and be done with it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
ahhhh, you mean like Quantum Break, the game developed by Sony that was delayed by over a year... oh wait, That MS isn't it? My bad. both sides delay - this wasn't even a delay - the date was announced pre-maturly so they tried to cover it up saying it wasn't true - even through the game was probably in its final testing anyway - plus how many re-releases have been delayed? all it is is a crappy port of the xbox 360 version given to Xbox one customers as a way of saying 'Sorry the master chief collection was terrible on release' - now thats an admittance of poor quality - not twisting what people say in interviews.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
@danny just don't react.. he is looking for a reaction like that. If he did sell the console it would be pure profit since he won it.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Quantum Break has not been delayed, it has never had an official release date / window yet.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Being a Xbox user these days, MS make it seem like it is Christmas every 2-4 weeks
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Break - apart form it was shown in 2013, given a 2014 release, then delayed until 15 now until 16... ?I would kind of count that as 2 official delays. Looks crap anyway, its like a cross between 'Life is strange' and the film 'Next'. okay then - ignoring the 5 dollar (3.25) free gift MS gave you (ODST) - what made it feel like christmas in the last 4 weeks? Nothing ever happens that is news-worthy
PHILIP 2 years ago
@superniceguy..... again here you are pointlessly slagging Sony for any excuse. Just sell it for gods sake and do yourself a favour. What even made you buy a playstation console if you hate Sony so much is beyond me...
He didn't buy it. He won it in a Shopto comp
Anthony must have a pretty crappy Christmas every year if he thinks getting a couple of crappy old games for free is like it.
PHILIP 2 years ago
You WON the console and are moaning about Sony... Christ you couldn't script it... good job there wasn't a DELAY in delivery otherwise shopto would've copped it then. At least you've got Microsoft to fill your heart with festive joy every fortnight... bless ya :-)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
How is saying that Sony delays games is negative? It is fact and they do it a lot, Gran Turismo 5 was a 2 weeks away from release, so I bought the PS3 for it, and then they delayed it a year, and no game to play on it for a year, The Last Guardian has been delayed for years and years and years, Driveclub got delayed for a year, Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank got delayed into next year from this year. It is not negativity it is the truth. Quantum Break never got an official release date or window, only a general expected release which has changed due to them taking so long with it, I have never seen a news article saying that Quantum Break is releasing on a certain date, like all those other delayed Sony games. So everybody is allowed to moan about the Xbox / Microsoft, but when I moan about Sony / PS4 it is blasphemous? Right, got it!. Also you think if I got rid of the PS4 I would stop moaning, think again, I would moan about it even more. I will say again, I do not hate the PS4 or Sony, I just like Xbox ONE more as MS are bending over backwards to get it right, and Sony just seem to resting on their laurels with the success of the PS4, and could do better. What would stop me moaning about the PS4 is if people stop moaning about MS or the Xbox. Moaning about consoles seems to be the in thing here. Danny bashed the Xbox left right and center and literally, Hymeleon pops in now and again to bash a MS /Xbox news article, Turniplord bashes every single Xbox exclusive including Silent Hills now even though on PS4 it would have been great, and the site is more pro PS4 than Xbox and every Xbox sales success is backed with overall PS4 sales success, but if the PS4 sells better then nothing positive to report for Xbox. I will stop moaning about Sony or the PS4, but if I see more moans / negativity towards MS / Xbox then I will continue.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
1 question - how was i 'bashing' silent hills? I just posted a tweet where the head of MS stated they are not in talks with buying it - so the 'leaked information' may not be as reliable as it sounds. Could be Phil Spencer lying to make it a surprise for E3, who knows, has been done before, denying something then saying it was true all along. I didn't like the PT on the PS4 so my views on the game itself didn't change no matter where it ends up - its not a game I would buy or play. Not really many other exclusives - Thing with Ms ( and this happened on 360 as well) is because they are MS a lot of the games eventually come out on PC as well - quite a few PS4 games are now as well. Seems to be the new things - Console exclusive but on PC as well (after a while).
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 2 years ago
I don't have an xbox only a ps4 and must say i agree with alot of what super nice guy says about how it's cool to slag of xbox on here but not ps4.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
plus, I love this comment: " MS are bending over backwards to get it right, and Sony just seem to resting on their laurels with the success of the PS4" - so your saying that you like MS because they got it wrong and are trying to correct their mistakes but don't like Sony because they seem to have got it right and are now doing well without much effort? I chose PS4 over Xbox one (was a 360 user for almost 9 years i think) because they got it right and the console seemed more powerful and the view on indies and their direction seemed much better than MS who kept changing their mind everytime a fanboy moaned at them for something they announced. I personally don't mine delays - i would rather them if they get the game right - its when they delay and still release a broken product that I dont like - or one which still has tonnes of paid for dlc from day one. but all 3 platforms do that.
PHILIP 2 years ago
I haven't slated Microsoft once. My only issue I've ever had with them was I had three 360 consoles in 11 months with rrod which admittingly pissed me off. My point was is you genuinely come across anti Sony so I wondered why keep/own one. I don't own a xboxone but I can see it's a really good console. The games with gold have been pretty much low par or old titles lately as have the ps plus ones BUT they are free so can't moan yet I've seen you complain about Sony offerings. With more exclusives I may get an Xboxone early next year but with the Wii U ps3/4 I am more than satisfied. I wish the Wii u had more support but I never run them down because Nintendo have given me so much enjoyment over the years as has the 360 and playstation. As long as you're enjoying gaming whichever your choice of platform that's all that matters.