Microsoft to announce redesigned Xbox One controller at E3? *update*

Update: We now have a picture of the new Xbox One controller thanks to German retailer Libro, which seems to have leaked details early.

From the description it appears that the only new feature is the 3.5mm jack as the controller still requires batteries and appears to look much the same otherwise. The description does say that there is extra content included, but we've no idea what that could be and it doesn't seem to mention anything on the box.

The release date is June 8 according to the site, so we expect this will be officially announced soon if that is the case.

Original: Microsoft will announced a new Xbox One controller at E3, if documentation leaked on the company's own Xbox Support website is anything to go by.

The site has been updated with mention of a 3.5mm headphone port at the base of the pad, with the site mentioning that "this new feature is only available on controllers released after June 2015."

Currently it is unknown if there will be any other new features, but judging by the diagrams on this page there are no other changes, though we shall see.

What would you like to see in a redesigned Xbox One controller?

Edited On 29 May, 2015

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Wouldn't this just make the chat adaptor obsolete? To be honest the xbox one should of released with this feature in the first place.
FrozenMetroid's avatar
FrozenMetroid 2 years ago
Why do they do it every time is beyond me, don't they think these things through? Why the bottom of the pad? I sit with the controller against my stomach, chilled out while playing. It's annoying to use the earphones unless it's the ones with an L shaped plug. The Vita is the same, the PS4, 3DS :-(
The MS E3 show is shaping up to be a right snoozefest.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
It will make it obsolete but they did same on the 360 with things like the Wireless signal etc. Pays to not be an early adopter.
LONIA 2 years ago
I think Sony are the ones who should be redesigning their pad.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Lonia all they need to do is let me turn the bloody light off and I will be happy. Maybe a better battery as well.Doesn't really bother me this I will stick to the ones I already have.
LONIA 2 years ago
I covered my ps4 pad light with black tape.easily remedied problem..it's fragile triggers and thumbsticks are more a problem for me.and still think left stick is on the wrong place
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
For the thumb sticks I just use a pair of green cqc kontrol freeks, Haven't noticed any issue with the triggers.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Doesn't the Xbox one pads have a audio jack at the moment? Didn't know that. Guess it was to force using their wireless audio or something? I don't like the ps4 pad. Triggers dog in my fingers so racing games for example are hard to play for long periods - and I agree with above, the 2 sticks are too far in, almost stretching to use both sticks, would be better if they were a bit further to the sides
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 2 years ago
Progress, it happens in technology, everything moves on, or it falls to the wayside. those are the options...
LONIA 2 years ago
Not completely true with controllers..Ps pad hasn't had much progress since ps1,it was flawed then and still is now..when it's tied to a successful Console it won't fall to the wayside
ANDRE 2 years ago
I like the PS controller, the best by far imo. Each to their own I guess.
Neil 2 years ago
The PS4 light annoyed me so much I disabled it by taking the controller apart and taping over 4-5 of the pins that the wire connects to, unfortunately you cant just unplug the wire as that link is for charging also. took me around 40 mins as I didn't want to mess up the controller, but works absolutely to my liking now! Just annoyed that Sony are so goddamn arrogant that they don't give the consumer the option to turn off, I don't care about 'it's needed for VR...' Sony - your VR headset isn't out for another year and wow, I'd just turn it back on if I wanted it for that, they are such punks...
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I don't mind the light. On dim it's fine. Enough to see the effects like red when injured but dim enough to not reflect in the tv. Most people remove light to save battery, if light just annoys should just paint or cover. U can even get superhero stickers so their logos light up and everything else black.
PHILIP 2 years ago
Light has never bothered me so not an issue to me but I guess it would be nice to have the choice to disable it for those who who find it irritating.