DriveClub's servers are to be upgraded this morning, making way for a possible release of DriveClub PS Plus Edition.
"This will bring bigger, better challenges and improve server performance across the game as we continue to work to make the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub possible," says a post on the game's Facebook page.
"You can continue to play and create Challenges before the update but please understand that any events that are still active during the update will not continue on the new servers."
Could it be possible that Sony is working towards releasing the PlayStation Plus Edition for fans as a special surprise at E3? We're just speculation, but it seems like it's something that could happen.
Here are the patch notes:
- Challenges will be expanded to support an unlimited number of participants.
- Challenge notifications will be integrated into the Social Hub activity feed for easy access.
- The Challenge Menu will have a new interface to make it easier to join Challenges.
- Evolution Studios Challenges will be added to the Challenge Menu for direct and easy access.
- Invitation options will be optimised to focus on active players and reduce challenge notification spam.
- More of our favourite ?#?PS4share? pictures created by the community will be added to the Menus.
- Significant technical improvements will be made to enhance server connectivity and prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.