Wednesday Chat: June 3

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 03 Jun, 2015

Comments
Up till 3am on Splatoon again, the final boss in the single player is batshit crazy.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
The exciting news for me today is the fall of Sepp Blatter. Be interesting to see what happens to FIFA, now. Oh, and I bought some new windscreen wipers for my car before its MOT next week. I know, I know, exciting times.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
My gaming time has really take a hit recently! I'm struggling to even get an hour a day in. Having said that I did play an hour of GTA yesterday
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
whats everyones view on Steam refunds? The press are supposedly saying it is bad as it means you can 'rent' short games and get your money back. I think its good - i've bought games on impulse before, played for about an hour, got bored and wished I hadn't bought it. i'll probably even use this system to try out games without having to commit to buying them fully :) - its a way to combat piracy i guess!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I think it is a brilliant idea, especially with the whole early access on steam.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
I'm a massive fan of demos (despite evidence showing they reduce number of sales) and would rather there be a policy in that regard than refunds. Refunds should always be available (for example, if the game is faulty, poorer quality than implied, doesn't work on your system) but I'm not too keen on refunds because "I didn't like the game." Still, the customers should decide policy and if enough want refunds, or it reduces piracy, it should be implemented.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
EA have been doing something similar for ages on Origin, but you have up to 30 days to action a refund, or 72 hours from the moment you launch the game. https://www.origin.com/en-gb/great-game-guarantee This is good, as Witcher 3 for example I am concerned with due to my hardware, so if it does not run then I can get a refund, and then buy again when I can run it. It would come handy on PS4 and Xbox ONE, and then you can see which version you would prefer, also some games on Xbox ONE I would buy later if there were no challenge achievements. Having said that Metro 2033 and Last Light is currently on trial for free on Xbox ONE, not sure how long you can play for, it just downloaded last night and I did not get around to trying it yet. These trials are OK but they are limited and pop up when you may not be ready to try them. EAs trials are better on EA Access as the trial lasts how ever long they apply to you, I can still run my trial of Hardline now, and even after playing the game from disc
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
the Metro Trials are probably just the official Demos - PSN launched the demos in the last few days as well. They are really good games - and cheap now as well - think I got the 2 for 25 quid on release day. The origin refund is good but obv only for Origin games - they woulnd't refund Steam keys Origin provides sometimes. I see the refunds good in a way - but it feels like its a secret way of Steam saying "buy the games from us, don't use ubishop, greenman, kinguin etc... as if you do you cannot get a refund for our keys"
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Saints row is 16.99 on PSN deal of the week - thinking about taking my disc to CEX for 13 quid and getting it digitally instead
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Tell Tale collection is only 28 quid as well: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-telltale-games-collection/cid=EP2026-NPEJ00413_00-TTG0000000BUNDLE -- The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - The Walking Dead: Season Two - The Wolf Among Us - Tales from the Borderlands - Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I actually have Metro Redux on disc, but that is the problem with discs, they get literally get shelved and then forgotten about. Metro is also on sale on the Xbox store, so I may buy that digitally and sell the disc version. I have done it several times with games, I have bought Sunset Overdrive, Mordor, Lego Marvel on disc and then resold them to get digital version when they were on sale. Sunset Overdrive and Mordor kept bringing challenge achievements out on a weekly basis and it got annoying changing discs, and one time the disc almost chopped my finger off, as I ejected it from being off, then the console started to take the disc back in as my finger was through the hole of the disc. I do not like devices without a disc tray.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
You nearly chopped your finger off through a disc? fuck me you really are a special one...
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
haha
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
yeah, I've done that, can sometimes make a profit too - like getting Trials on here with SP - then when it went on sale I got more in CEX for it than it was on PSN so re-bought and sold it. seeing as you need to install the full amount to play the game, owning digitally is no different really. these days.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
speaking of Mordor - there was an almost 9 gig patch on PS4 last night - anyone know whats in it? i can't find any info - even tweeted the devs but no answer yet - just says 'bug fixes' - I hate that, at least give us a break down of whats changed. 9 gig is huge for bug fixes
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Cheers Turniplord. Picked up GoT season pass as it's the only one I'm interested in (and hopefully my GF who is a massive GoT fan will be too)
*Holds up Hand*
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
is it just me or has Shopto.net/news turned into mobile view on Chrome? it looks strange and wont go back to normal haha!
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Sito whaxas keno woild bel vo tee
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Yeah, Turniplord. It's all gone weird...
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
https://assassinscreed-event.com - you can sign up to play Assassin Creed syndicate beofre release - only place in the Uk is London - just booked a slot so i'm gonna see if I can make it. supposedly, its an 'experience' as well as getting to play it, so probably full of people dressed up and looking on google maps - its in an old worn down mill/factory! could be a fun day