Thursday Chat: June 4

Our gaming has slowed down as we prepare for our E3 coverage and as news starts to arrive of the new games we'll be seeing at the conference, such as the just announced Fallout 4.

So what have you been up to?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 04 Jun, 2015

Comments
Turniplord 2 years ago
Just gave in and bought AC Rogue on the PC for 10 quid (delux edition) - was waiting for a PS4 version but I don't think it's coming tbh. Still waiting for the witcher patch too - i've done all the side quests i've found up to my level - just randomly finding all the ? locations now.
PHILIP 2 years ago
^ Are you still at that "broken bit" of the game ? Is the developer aware there is an issue ?
Still hammering Splatoon, not been this motivated by a game in a long time.
Can we get the website switched back BTW, really not liking the new layout.
Turniplord 2 years ago
yeah, same part - I can ignore it and just finish the game, but then i risk a trophy because i've not got everyone at the final battle. I emailed the devs, they said they are fixing and its in the 1.04 log notes so just waiting for the 1.04 to hit the PSN. So the last 30-40 hours have been doing witcher contracts, treasure hunts and secondary missions that are at or below my level. got about 5 that are above my level that i'm not touching yet and quite a few ? areas to still explore
Turniplord 2 years ago
I miss the 'recent activity' on the rigth - gave you a quick overview of what topics had new replies in them. no way to know now without re-reading them all haha!
Yeah, if I can't see what people are talking about just by looking at the main page I really can't be arsed with checking the pages for comments.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
This new page layout is dreadful. Also fallout 4 has blown the Internet up! I wI'll be getting it but not until they release the inevitable complete edition with all DLC.
& the awesome mods
One good thing though, the avatars are now big enough to actually see what they are. Can we get the old page format but keep the big avatars?
Turniplord 2 years ago
Guessing this is the 'mobile' layout? I'm on my iPhone looking and this new now looks great (with just the 'most recent' missing) if that came back then mobile viewing would be perfect. Just need to add the bumf at the right hand side back to full screen :p unusual to customise while live though, rather than change then switch on :) finally out buying a frame for the bladestorm pic I won off you guys!
PHILIP 2 years ago
@turnip I would wait for the patch if you're after the trophy to ping like you say you'll miss it. At least you can mop up all the other bits and bobs while waiting it to be addressed.
PHILIP 2 years ago
@Gloria Not getting Splatoon till Sunday - as you have put so much time into the game can I ask how much of a single player section does the game have ?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
all these years Gloria and I've only just noticed that infact your avatar isn't a plant pot with a plant coming out.
Turniplord 2 years ago
Ether one, Skulls of shogun and Drive club all just got their second update this week - still no Witcher 3 argh haha - an yeah, its fun, found a load of new quests before because they weren't activated until you found specific things on the map - one was, you kill 2 dragon things and the king of the dragon things appear and you have to kill as part of another mission
Turniplord 2 years ago
anyone else signed up for this: https://assassinscreed-event.com look at the address in google maps - its an old warehouse/factory and they classing it as a 'syndicate experience' - I recon it will be great - 20 mins playing on the game and loads of dressed up people - totally free as well
Autogamer's avatar
Autogamer 2 years ago
Wander https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/wander/cid=EP1000-CUSA02174_00-WANDERAAAAAA12EU
Turniplord 2 years ago
Don't like the look of Wander - watching people on twitch - lots of bugs, falling through walls and floors and its not an mmo as people said - its just a single player exploration game. no multiplayer in it
Turniplord 2 years ago
nevermind, he just saw someone - guess nobody has bought it :/
Not sure exactly how long the Splatoon single Player is PHILIP, I mixed it up with the multiplayer, maybe 8 hours, more if you have the Amiibo.
Turniplord 2 years ago
Just cancelled a load of my Amiibo orders! just left Pikmin and Gannondorf. The others I ordered but i've been thinking and I don't want them haha! I have all Zelda and i'm trying to get all of Fire Emblem - without selling all my possessions to afford. Oh, and a few Pokemon, one day i'll be bothered to order the 'never sold out' pikachu
Finally managed to get a Pacman Amiibo for a reasonable price, imported from Japan, so the postage bumps the price a bit, but £17 is still acceptable. A tip for finding hard to get Amiibo's is to try searching for the Japanese names of the characters, there doesn't seem to be so many scalpers over there for some reason.
Turniplord 2 years ago
yeah, i have robin and Lucina on 'back order' here - hoping that when they receive stock for Steam + the name characters - they are given some characters only to sell on.Don't really want to buy steam (due to lack of funds) but will do if i have to
Turniplord 2 years ago
spare code for Heroes of Might and Magic 7 Beta - code goes into uplay - here for whoever wants it - lasts for 2 weeks and seems to be multiplayer/single with cpu only - no story. MPXM-GB7E-TDER-87D3
PHILIP 2 years ago
@Gloria thanks. What do these Amiibo things actually do in the game ? I've not really took interest in them you see.
Amiibo's just unlock some challenges, just replaying single player missions with different weapons.
Which unlocks outfits for your inklings ;)
PHILIP 2 years ago
Got ya. Not sure if the one I've been bought has the Amiibo included . I'll find out Sunday.
Turniplord 2 years ago
I think the best use of the amiibos (which also is really annoying as I can't afford all of them and most of them are now really hard to find) is Yoshi's new game! touch them and Yoshi is knitted in their costume! that's awesome!
That's just skins really, no different from the MK8 Mii suits, best use I thought was in Smash Bros.
Turniplord 2 years ago
it is just skins, but skins you can't unlock without the Amiibo - in any other game it would be paid for dlc, so the amiibos are working as pre-paid dlc in the Yoshi game. I've not even really used them in Smash Bros - I have used in Hyrule warriors and want to get a toad for Toads game.