Console owners facing Elder Scrolls log in issues; Bethedsa working on fix

If you are struggling to log into The Elder Scrolls Online then don't worry, you're not the only one.

It seems that the login failed screen for the game has been quite commonplace for quite a lot of people. Our PS4 copy has been working perfectly up until now, however it seems others aren't quite so lucky.

On the bright side, publisher Bethesda has acknowledged the issue, saying a fix is in the works.

Edited On 09 Jun, 2015

Comments
Jason 2 years ago
Another launch another game not working ......no wonder people dont pre order any more its a mugs game
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
always issues with MMO releases - they will probably compensate all affected with an in-game thing, they usually do. Mine arrived at work so my colleague is re-directing to my house. Actually, I think i need to reset my login details before it arrives, i'm sure I have a random number on my name and a strange password
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
is it true the day 1 download is 15 gig as well? if it is then i'll have to play something else while it is downloading tomorrow :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Also, its been found out you have to have PS Plus or Xbox Live to play the game - previously you didn't as you were paying a monthly subscription - like FF14, but now you aren't paying then you need to have the paid-for-service with the Console. Just incase you dont' currently pay for online and are thinking of buying the game :)
Darren 2 years ago
works fine for me....
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
as i thought - the number i chose was 69 :P - I think the NA accounts ere the ones that got affected looking at the forums. Their fix was to log in as EU so it worked, then log out and change back to NA and it let them in - strange. Other people reporting all the NPCs are vanishing but the prompts are still there to talk to them haha! Can't be as bad as Wonder though!
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Well isn't that fucking brilliant, I literally just bought the game from ShopTo prior to seeing this article.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Will be fine by the time you receive it Danny - All MMO's have issues in the first 24/48 hours, its literally just opened the floodgates to let people in. Will be fine soon. I only just found out PS4/Xbox One/PC servers all separate, so no crossover, unlike FF14 that has PS4 + PC cross over. Thats a shame
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
was fine for me , i got to level 5 earlier, then got the maintenance popups , yeah im not happy i had to stop playing on day one , but a little gift will cheer me up, anyone else on ESO wanna add me my psn is hamiltonjay5665
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
also its back online now
Neil 2 years ago
I can't believe Bethesda are still wasting time on this junk... Oh yes I can, need to justify that 150mill spent...
Gecko2013's avatar
Gecko2013 1 year ago
Pre ordered this at grainger games but turns out I wouldn't have the £49.95 they wanted for the game so I cancelled my preorder - was only £3.00 - bought 3 bags of strawberry haribo, kept one gave one each to the lasses serving behind the counter lol then I kept hearing about the initial hiccups in installing and log ins etc. I think I'll wait a week or two, should resolve it by then or if not - buy witcher 3 instead lol.