More on Microsoft's backwards compatibility

Microsoft has released a video interview giving us more details on backwards compatibility on Xbox One.

The developer built a Xbox 360 emulator within the Xbox One, allowing you to play titles such as Borderlands, as well as being able to take screenshots, snap apps, tv and more. If you own the game then you'll be able to play for free by inserting the disc and then downloading the title onto your Xbox One.

Only 18 are available at the moment for preview members, although over 100 will be available at public launch, with regular updates to add more, such as fan favourite and currently popular Xbox 360 games.

So what do you think?

Edited On 16 Jun, 2015

Comments
Michael 1 year ago
I bet you a tenner that capcom put the kabosh on ultra street fighter 4 being backwards compatible. Still an awesome feature tho if you're crazy like me and wasted tons of money on 360 games :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 1 year ago
Its a good idea but 2 years too late. I dont really have any interest in playing last gen games at the moment.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 1 year ago
Big selling point for me. Still love my Halo nights and if I can do them on the next gen, means I can shelve the 360. Still, I'll wait awhile before venturing back to Microsoft as the PS4 is taking up most of my time.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 1 year ago
If you wanna play Halo wouldnt it be better to get the Master Chief collection for the HD updates Kaysar?
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 1 year ago
Yes, but pennies dictate. Can't even afford an Xbone as of yet :/
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 1 year ago
Fair enough but if you could afford the console you could most probably get Halo free in a bundle like the one for sale on this page :). I can see how BC could be useful for people just transferring over from 360 now and not a lot of money for new games.
Michael 1 year ago
And if you have ten years worth of games and digital games too :)
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 1 year ago
We'll see. Whilst I'd love the new HD versions of the games, the gameplay is the important thing to me so I'd rather splurge on a new game I've not played. We shall see when the time comes.
Michael 1 year ago
If they make xcom, Catherine ,any of the street fighter games and a few others I really like work on my xbone I will be more than happy, companies are taking the mick remastering games barely a few years old just to make a few more quid and I'm guilty because I buy most of them but that was when I thought backwards compatibility wasn't on the table.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
Wait a minute - did he just say what i thought he did? They have made an emulator and that's how it runs the games.... in the MS conference he said it runs the 360 games run naively - which, unless i'm mistaken, isn't' natively if you are running through an emulation