Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 DLC is timed exclusive for 30 days to PlayStation

PS4 owners will get the benefit of 30 days timed exclusivity on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 DLC and it'll be the same for future games too.

VP of Publisher & Developer Relations at PlayStation Adam Boyes confirmed the news, meaning that the previous Xbox deal has now switched around to Sony's platform.

This exclusivity means Xbox and PC gamers will have to wait 30 days before getting hold of the DLC.

Edited On 23 Jun, 2015

Comments
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 1 year ago
I wondered what Sony paid for this? and are Microsoft laughing right now? I appreciate people still enjoy this series but if someone purchased me a copy I'd still struggle to find the incentive to play it. Maybe one day they will do something a bit different? I shall not hold my breath though.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
yeha but just look at something like psnprofiles and see what the number 1 game is for number of players, Its COD Black Ops 1 and 2 and other COD games. They have made a smart move here because between this and Fifa, it has the biggest playerbase who buy the game year after year regardless for the multiplayer aspect. So Sony may actually get another surge of buyers for this deal, even if its not your thing, it is thousands of other peoples.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 1 year ago
Oh I agree, 1000s and 1000s will play it, it just bores me to tears. What I wonder though and I've seen a few sites talk about it since E3, have Sony made the right move? obviously depending on what they paid and are Microsoft glad to be rid? I mean I own both consoles but have friends & family who only own Playstations and play COD and I don't know one that was ever tempted to go to Xbox when they had the deal to timed COD dlc.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 1 year ago
The DLC is only part of it though. Sony now has advertising rights for Destiny, COD, Assassin's Creed and Battlefront. That's pretty big for them and will mean when it comes to Xmas time you'll see the PlayStation logo on all the biggest third party titles on TV. I think that will be huge for them and a good way to counter MS first party titles.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 1 year ago
Good point Joe. Guess xbox will have FIFA, Tomb Raider and Halo plastered everywhere. So sony probably just has the edge in that having Star Wars and COD
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 1 year ago
Again I agree Joe, it will be huge. For me though ( apart from Battlefront ) games like COD, Destiny, AC are distant memories, would have like to see them concentrating more on getting their big new titles out. I still have interest in both consoles but myself am drifting back into PC gaming more and more. Just getting tired of ( most ) sequel after sequel that never change much and don 't even get me started on the amount of remakes coming. All I hope is Microsoft and Sony go at each other in the run up to Christmas, can only mean great things/deals for the everyday gamer!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
True, plus, I don't think they do, but you know how Nvidia promoted games clearly run better on Nvidia than AMD because they are the main card advertised with the game - like Tomb raider and Rage (if you remember that game) - I wonder if in time Games will run better on the console promoting them more? We already know most the 3rd party stuff runs better on the PS4 (based on resolution x Frame rate) but i wonder if that will ever become a thing
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 1 year ago
^ I don't see them getting much better on console. If you want to see them as nice as possible, go for a decent PC, then I see the difference! This whole resolution discussion between XB and PS just isn't worth the time of day. Time and time again we see articles saying they look better on PS, many games reportedly run slightly smoother on XB, I have both consoles and just don't see this difference. I think it's more of a fanboy thing, trying to justify their own choices. Again though, want the best visuals, forget either console and go PC.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
I have a decent pc, can run pretty much anything I throw at it - over 1300 games on Steam and another 2-300 on Origin, Uplay, GOG and DRM free. all HDMI into my front room with Xbox 360 pad to control as well, but I dunno, With the recent releases i've just gone for the PS4 versions because they seem to be stable more than PC ones. Most devs see the PC as an after-thought these days and develop for the consoles first. Just wish every game didn't have a 30-50GB install file - whole point of having a console 'was' no install, just put in and play.
Jason 1 year ago
You clearly dont grasp how installing works
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
It is a good deal. You may not want to play it, like a ton of internet naysayers hate on COD and Destiny and Activision. But the millions and millions that play each yearly and the ESports scene make it a great purchase.
GARY 1 year ago
Microsoft must be gutted they paid millions to get tomb raider exclusively for 2015 but along comes fallout 4 battlefront already announced ! I know which 2 games I want in November Sony seems to have luck on its side
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
I do actually understand how the installing works - but on the current gen of consoles the install sizes are stupid - its like they are installing the full game - but they aren't, because you can clearly hear them still using the disk when you put them in. The PS3 only installed certain files to allow quicker access in-game and the Xbox was an optional thing where it installed the full amount so the disk is used purely to prove you own it, then it was all ran off the HD. I like the PS4 as it lets you play while it installs the Disk in the background so you don't have to wait, but it still takes up a stupid amount of space, i've almost filled my 2tb drive already because of the mandatory installs
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
okay, just read a ps blog and supposedly, its xbox 360 style, supposedly installing it all and using the disk to just prove you own the title. my drive still spins even though instlaled though, so it must be doing something. Sony was going to have it delete the game after playing (as data only required while you use it) but they decided against it. Would have preferred that, given the option to keep or auto delete certain games seeing as it just installs as you play