The Division companion app is dumped

Tom Clancy's The Division will no longer have a companion app released alongside it on mobile devices.

The app was to allow players to interact with friends playing the main game, however according to the developer it "created an imbalance" that compromised the gameplay.

Is this a big loss for you?

Edited On 23 Jun, 2015

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
i'm going to cry myself to sleep everynight over this.... Or they could use smartglass/second screen and STOP RELEASE APPS WHEN THEY HAVE THE FEATURE TO DO A IN-GAME APP ON THE CONSOLES ALREADY!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Not really as I would say that I am a pretty serious gamer and I possess a home console with full HD screen running at 400Hz so no, I don't care for an 'app'. Don't get me wrong but if I remember correctly, all these try-to-get-rich-quickly 'apps', were intended to suck in the casual gamers and the bored housewife gamers in the first place?! They were intended for a whole different market anyway. And if you ask me, these female gamers on the networks are a tiresome bore, on Live & PSN, it just feels as if they are there to try to pick up a guy before their Biological Clock snuffs them out :)!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Actually, doesn't Scream4 use these phone 'apps' to compromise the 'safety' of the FEMALE characters in the movie ^0^?! See what I mean WHO the intended market share was for ^0^?! My Gawd, I think I'm liking Scream 4 more, it wasn't as lame as I would have thought it was ^0^!!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Although, I had already quite liked Scream 4 as it was really, what with it having starred that sexy 'KRISTEN BELL' ^0^ ^0^!!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
I just remembered also, doesn't the Ghost Face character in Scream 4 say to a 'target': '*laugh/chuckle* I've got TIME (referring also to the Bio Clock maybe?!), it's YOU that DOESN'T'! ^0^ ^0^ Wow, this quote sure fits neatly into what I already posted on this thread *laugh/chuckle* ^0^ ^0^!!
FeedTheOcelot's avatar
FeedTheOcelot 1 year ago
Wow do you want to make anymore sexist comments Fear, there is nothing wrong with girl gamers in fact some of them are pretty good just like guys some are good at games other not so good. But back to the main topic no I do not care about the companion app it looked crap anyway and like they've said it would've created an imbalance in gameplay.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Sure, if you want me to ^0^! Well, take the seemingly innocuous headline 'the Division companion app is "dumped"'; that could be a subconscious/semi-conscious reference to the Mia Kirschner character from the 'Not Another Teen Movie'. And WE all know ^0^ what that character exposed into 'mainstream' culture ^0^! Please consult my Scream 4 references above, it would seem from them that the Scream 4 scriptwriters are misogynistic sexists: the females are tortured by using apps and then there's that potentially sly dig at a woman's Bio Clock with the killing/brutalisation of the 'Rebecca' character in the movie plus her character does pun on that with her line: 'cut and run, you bastard' which is a reference to 'being easy'/one night stand and 'missing out' on her 'guy' whilst 'her meter' is still running ^0^!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
And then, if you were to believe some of the Conspiracy Theorists, all these 'gender wars' could be a way of ensnaring/mindf***ing with us, 'plebs', into duking it out amongst each other and that it's ALL going according to 'plan' as orchestrated by the self-proclaimed 'Elite' whilst they also start getting the rest-of-us used to concepts such as the 'transabled' and such like; yum ^0^!