Nintendo NX is coming July 2016 says Asian news site

Nintendo’s next home console is set for a July 2016 release, according to Asian news site DigiTimes.

The site reckons Foxconn has grabbed the manufacturing rights for the machine and has been asked to begin pilot production this October.

In this respect, the site claims that orders are expected to be finalised in February or March of next year with mass production scheduled for May or June ahead the July release.

It does say in the story that Nintendo has already announced a 2016 release date for NX, whereas Nintendo has only said that it'll talk about the system next year.

According to MCV, NX was demoed to a number of Nintendo's partners at E3 last month.

Edited On 02 Jul, 2015

Comments
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Definitely be pre-ordering this if it were to come with some good pre-launch offers such as 2 launch titles + console £349; might even have to reconsider some of my pre-orders for the other 'next gen' consoles as I personally would rather stick with Nintendo these days ^0^!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Would only consider purchasing it if it has an Nvidia chip inside, mind o_0!!!
PHILIP 1 year ago
Wonder if this means the Wii U is now headed for the grave ?
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Bit of a shame if it does; but it sure has had some highlights: Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge!, Tekken Tag 2, Onepiece Red, backwards Wii compatibility!, NFS Most Wanted, CoD Ghosts!!, CoD Black Ops II, Bayonetta, Mario Kart 8, probably the single-most best Mario Kart EVER ^0^!, Hyrule Warriors ^0^!!, Devil's Third, Shin Megami Tensei X, Anime channel, Smash Bros, Disney Infinity 2.0, Watch_Dawgs, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Assassin's Creed III, the Gamepad WAY better than a connected tablet ^0^!!, Amiiboes, Windwaker HD, Virtual Console, + the new (and maybe final?) ZELDA! What milestones in video gaming HISTORY ^0^ ^0^!
PHILIP 1 year ago
I know what you're saying but the Wii U hasn't really been a great success. Don't get me wrong i don't regret owning a Wii U but I feel it has been let down by third party support. When used correctly the gamepad is a great exclusive addition but I have not been overwhelmed by the library of games and for them to be releasing another console so quick does look like they are wiping the slate clean and starting again with a different approach. Still.... Got to love Nintendo they've gave me many hours of enjoyment over the years.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
I hear what you're saying: I felt the same way you felt, I was really looking forward for Namco Bandai to port Jojo's Bizarre Adventure to Wii U, I mean, I never did buy a PS3 on the cheap to play it on as I'm still waiting for them to release it on Wii U! It's just odd they never did as everything they've done has been a success on either 3DS or Wii U (OneP Red, TankTankTank, Project X Zone) o_0!!! I mean, I'm loathe to get OnePiece Warriors 3 for PS4 as I would rather play it on Wii U! Even EA's NFS and Ubisoft's ports on the Wii U are great masterpieces!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Japanese B$%turds for sticking it to us like that, really!! Like I say, if I don't see an Nvidia chip or a high-end AMD graphics card as their graphics card in their specs for the NX or hear that they have teamed up with MSI to deliver the next console, I shan't be purchasing it myself!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Oooh, and let's not forget the AWESOME Splatoon for Wii U!
PHILIP 1 year ago
I wont preorder it either I will wait and see how its getting on first and which exclusives interest me. Also if its supported by leading developers as the Wii U felt terribly abandoned almost from the off.