PlayStation Now enters open beta in the UK

Sony's PlayStation Now service is entering open beta today, SCEE has announced.

The beta comes to PS4 and PS3, as well as selected Bravia TV and Blu-ray players.

Games will initially be offered for rental only, with prices ranging from £2.99 to £7.99 and rental periods lasting between 48 hours and 30 days.

Titles available on the service include Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Last of Us, God of War: Ascension, BioShock Infinite, Final Fantasy XIII, Tomb Raider Underworld, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Dead Space 3 and Mirror's Edge.

A subscription service will be available at a later date.

Edited On 15 Jul, 2015

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
it has gone into open beta because nobody who was in the closed beta are buying the games - they are a rip off. Why pay 4.99 for 2 days when the game can be bought ON THE PSN STORE VIA A PS3 for less! its so stupid. I enjoyed it when the games were free - quality okay and worked okay - but the pricing structure is terrible. I just bought a cheap PS3 and bought the games I want from CEX and ebay
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 1 year ago
I guess the only bonus is that you can play these games on PS4. Sony needs to include PS Now with Plus or at least add a different tear to Plus and charge say £60 a year to have unlimited access to now or something.
Kwan 1 year ago
Agreed with Tunip, prices are terrible. Not sure if it's still the case, but there were some games free to rent. Last week I rented ICO and Shadow of the Colossus for 30 days, few other games too. Hopefully the subscription is reasonably priced, I would pay up to £10 p/m.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
last week? the last free ones i got were before the current change of games, so just over 3 weeks ago. since then they were 2.99/4.99 for 2 days and 7.99 for a month. It is good playing on the ps4 but obv a little delay and quality downgrade, so if you want to play ps3 games I recommend picking up a cheap ps3 (slim or super slim as phat tend to break)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
If they did add it into the subscription, give us a couple a month as part of the ps+ or even give you say 2 free monthly rentals a month as part of PS+ or at least let you buy stuff on PSN and if you bought it digitally then you can play for free on your ps4 as you have already bought it then I would be very happy. as it is though I don't feel the need to pay the prices they are trying to charge
PHILIP 1 year ago
Utter rip off. Was thinking they would change the price of this after the xbone backwards 360 compatability announcement.
Jason 1 year ago
Or just move from Failstation to Xbox and play your old games for free. What a 180 there has been in the console war. So glad I never went for the Sony hype at launch its inferior on every level apart from a unnoticeable slightly better graphics in fact its so little its not even worth the mention.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
sorry Jason, can't agree with you there - it is Fact that the Playstation has better hardware than the Xbox and is capable of better performance. As for backwards - yes the Xbox has finally got something after 2 years - however, only a handful of games and only aobut 100 by the end of the year, thats not really the best thing ever - its like Xbox and Xbox 360, they started making them backwards and gave up after about 200 games.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
Most people who have last gen games and want to play them will still have the last Gen console. I wanted to play the free psn games I get so I bought a PS3 for 30 quid, considering i had over 30 free games, that 30 quid was nothing. If you have to say a console is the best because it plays last gen games, then doesn't that just means it isn't that great because it doesn't have any good current gen games (thus wanting to play last gen more than current gen)? I just don't feel backwards is a big deal as it isn't naitive and by now it should be needed as they have both been out 2 years (I just wanted the ps now to give me my games free, but they don't, but I have a ps3 for my games, but if they gave us digitally bought ones for free I recon more people would buy them. Although Sony probably wants people to move to the ps4 now rather than buying old games)