PlayStation 4 firmware 2.57 *update* Out Now

PlayStation firmware 2.57 is out now.

According to Sony it is “a minor update that improves stability of some features”.

So there we go, although apparently there is also a rumour of a calendar being added to the PlayStation 4 as part of a future firmware update (not necessarily 2.57). As extra icon was spotted in promotional images used for the European version of Journey's dynamic theme and seems to show some sort of calendar.

What could this be for? Well perhaps future events, upcoming new releases and to keep try of your gamer nights? Who knows but hopefully we'll find out soon.

Edited On 22 Jul, 2015

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 1 year ago
WOW A CALENDAR. that is revolutionary. Surely this is going to break the Internet!
gjdemon's avatar
gjdemon 1 year ago
Oh thats lovely. What would be even better though would be for Sony to address the abysmal download speeds. I cant be the only person who has this issue?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
ps4 download speeds are okay (make sure you connected via Ethernet - if you connect to your router via wireless the download speeds are crap) - it downloads fast if it is getting it in 1 go or the 1st part. if you have a game (like a few these days) that download, let you play but downloads the rest in the background - that background download goes a lot slower than the initial download - i think they designed it that way!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
I can't think of what a calendar would be used for - unless it is like a release calendar to remind you when things are coming out/updates coming soon etc...
Neil 1 year ago
My download is fine, my PS4 is literally directly next to my router though (no cable)
Lawler_1093's avatar
Lawler_1093 1 year ago
My downloads are terrible! took 7 hours to download the newest witcher patch
gjdemon's avatar
gjdemon 1 year ago
Ethernet isnt an option for me. Ive heard its the cheap wireless cards in the system. I say bad show by sony, i get all my multiplayer games on the Xbox one now