Gears of War video discusses the reason for a remaster

Microsoft and The Coalition have released a new video in which the studio talks about  why it decided to remaster Gears of War for a new generation.

Phil Spencer also appears in the video, saying he wants people to go back and enjoy the story for what it was. Although this is Gears, so we imagine most people are in it for the shooting rather than the story.

Either way, you can watch the video below.

Edited On 27 Jul, 2015

Comments
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
I assumed the reasoning evolved around Microsoft going almost a year without any first party output and being desperate to fill a hole in the schedule however possible... hence: ports being the only things they've released since last October.
LONIA 1 year ago
Don't see any decent first party game on ps4 either to be fair
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
I thought it was because re-masters are 'in this year' going off how many have, are coming out haha! At least they are working on this and the new one at the same time (bit like Nathan drake collection and UC4 both in progress) Rather than holding off on new one until re-master complete. Just a shame this is just 1 and not all of them. Wonder if this 'ultimate edition' will have post-launch dlc out to purchase. Seems to also be the new thing - re-master so you can get dlc and microtransations in it (looking at you DMC 4)
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
"Don't see any decent first party game on ps4 either to be fair" - You should look harder. Sony have published several new (non-port) PS4 games this past year.
Wicksy1970's avatar
Wicksy1970 1 year ago
Maybe prometheusfans Sony rose tinted spectacles are able to see things more clearly. He's clearly a Sony fanboy who has never had anything positive to say on any Xbox related story. His posts are getting a little predictable and more than a little boring.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
It's funny to see such upset considering how little I actually post on here on the whole, and my posts on this story have been 100 percent factual, if you see anything I'm wrong about, please correct me by all means.
Wicksy1970's avatar
Wicksy1970 1 year ago
No upset, just boredom at reading the same drivel repeatedly. You clearly do not like Microsoft, it's unlikely you own an Xbox one and not one of your Xbox related posts since the release of the Xbox one have been positive, correct me if I'm wrong. Get over your dislike of Microsoft, I understand as probably do others that regularly read these posts that you prefer Your PS4. Popping up from time time like a pantomime villain to troll the Xbox stories with "oh no it is'nt, Sony's doing a better job, blah blah, blah" gets tiresome after a while.