Nintendo reveals latest financial figures and current Wii U/3DS sales

Nintendo has revealed the lifetime sales of Wii U and 3DS and the respective software sales, as well as the figures for the last financial year.

Last year the global sales of the Nintendo 3DS hardware reached 1.01 million units. As for the Nintendo 3DS software, Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright/Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, which were released in June for Japan, got off to a good start, while titles such as Girls Mode 3 Kirakira Kode and Rhythm Tengoku gained popularity among female consumers in Japan. In the west, with the contribution from the release of Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros Edition, which is the overseas version of popular games in Japan, the global sales of the Nintendo 3DS software reached 7.92 million units.

With respect to Wii U, Splatoon, it sold 1.62 million units worldwide and contributed to vitalising the Wii U platform. The worldwide sales of the Wii U hardware and software were 0.47 million and 4.55 million units respectively.

In addition to the above, because of factors such as favourable sales of amiibo, net sales were 90.2 billion yen (of which overseas sales were 65.0 billion yen or 72.1% of the total sales), and operating income was 1.1 billion yen. As a result of foreign exchange gains totaling 10.8 billion yen due to depreciation of the yen at the end of the period compared to the exchange rate at the end of the previous fiscal year, ordinary income was 14.2 billion yen and profit was 8.2 billion yen.

Overall Wii U has now sold 10.01 million units worldwide, while the 3DS family of consoles stand at 50.07 million units. Software stands at 61.23 million units for Wii U and 233.58 million units for 3DS.

Edited On 29 Jul, 2015

Comments
spaceninjaUK's avatar
spaceninjaUK 1 year ago
nintendo really need to pick up the pace now with there next generation console! It must include ( party chat system, achievements/trophies, half decent graphical power, social elements and video applications )
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
I find types like you hilarious: your summation sounds like you're talking about the Wii U which is already out and available for purchase through ShopTo no less! 'Achievements/trophies' Wii U has got! 'Half decent graphical power' Wii U possesses, think: Need for Speed: Most Wanted, the graphics on my old HD tv were already phenomenal; gravel felt and sounded like gravel when the vehicles' drive train drove over it! Bayonetta looks way better than it ever did on PS3! Basically, as was how it was promoted from the-get-go: it IS 1.5x MORE powerful than the PS3 (which itself was pretty powerful! No-one would even contest that the PS3 is/was powerful in its own right!)! As for 'Party Chat System/Social elements', I don't fully know what the Wii U can do but suffice it to say that Miiverse is pretty interactive! And as for 'video applications' Wii U can run Netflix, Amazon Instant and YouTube to name but a few!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
All types like you serve to do is potentially rush Nintendo into releasing a potentially half-baked console onto the already saturated video games market and as soon as that one were to flop, you'll be able to say: 'well, it's hardly surprising, really, look at the way their other consoles went: Wii U, handheld!' and 'whatever made them release another console so soon after having released the Wii U? They must have known it wouldn't sell well and where are all the features it desperately needed like: 'achievements/trophies', half-decent graphical output' and 'social elements', eh?!' Even though they be staring you in the face!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Bye-the-bye, when will ShopTo be stocking the Wii U lens cleaning kit? I'm in desperate need of one as the Wii U won't accept the dvd lens cleaning discs!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
And suffice it to say: even Skylanders Swap Force looks great on the Wii U!! Let alone the new one which is in the works and exclusively to Wii U will contain: DONKEY KONG ^0^ ^0^!! I mean, that's even MORE collectible than an AmiiBo, surely o_0 ^0^?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
But, interestingly, why does Nintendo collaborate with IBM for most of its processor parts anyway o_0?! Especially seeing as IBM is a part of things like: 'Even more startling was an "off the cuff"' statement made by an other chairman of an eastern megabank: He announced that a method is in place that can imprint in human hands a silicon chip the size of the head of a pin. That chip will include not only the person's identification number ...' and 'The technology exists. The chairman of the megabank was asked what it would take to motivate people to put little pieces of silicon under their skin. He answered, "a major catastrophe." He knew people would not do it voluntarily.' Ugh, almost makes me want to boycott Nintendo products altogether!
Neil 1 year ago
I find it difficult to read your comments
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
You wouldn't state that about any Jewish member of the British public for whom English shall never be their veritable Mother tongue no matter how hard they slog at it ^0^!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
I'm vaguely intrigued by your statement; why would that be then, mate?! What did you score for your O Levels then IF you even completed High School?! I can tell you that I went onto score an A+ in English Language and Comprehension for both my O and A Levels! Plus, when they were testing for the Eleven Plusses, I don't mind stating that I breezed through them with F-L-Y-I-N-G C-O-L-O-R-S ^0^! Plus, on the advice of some good acquaintances, I have just undertaken a Cambridge English language entrance exam and scored top marks allowing me entrance onto their most prestigious English language course ^0^!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Furthermore, I don't mind telling you that I like to keep a track record of my English language ability and I would assert that neither in sentiment nor in fluency is it very much removed from either J.F.Kennedy's or D.H. Lawrence's to name but a few ^0^!
Boness's avatar
Boness 1 year ago
You seem to be quite insane, with a slight god complex. Please stop your mad ramblings, your spoiling people's experience of this site. All responses will be ignored
Boness's avatar
Boness 1 year ago
Ps, check your third comment, you made a spelling mistake. Record that
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
'YOUR spoiling people's experience', LOVE your typo/spelling mistake ^0^! I think the way you've taken the liberty to be lippy to me means I'd say YOU A-R-E the one suffering from a 'GOD complex' like your spiritual father 'Menachem Begin' no doubt ^0^!!
Boness's avatar
Boness 1 year ago
Easy Adolf, please don't sent me off to the concentration camps just for having an opinion....
Boness's avatar
Boness 1 year ago
When a person! and I use that term loosely, has to bring religious beliefs into any kind of argument, that person is a poor example of a human been ^0^
Boness's avatar
Boness 1 year ago
And yes, I saw my spelling mistake, I clearly meant being. Oh by the way I'm not Jewish, but if you wish to spread your anti-Semitic comments go ahead and spread your evil beliefs if that makes you happy, you make me sick ^0^
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
You watch it, I am Scandinavian lineaged so FAR older than Nazism; PLUS Adolf Schicklegrueber WAS AN INDIAN JEW! I know what real Germanic people look like and trust me, Goebbels, Schicklegrueber and Goering ALL had JEWish genes in them, so of what interest could they POSSIBLY be to me?! You should listen into Infowars.com; they all agree on that site that the Second World War was staged managed and that 911 was an Insurance job; you'd learn a lot from the comment section on that site also ^0^!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Also, if I were to simply go by looks then I can 100% guarantee that there wasn't O-N-E White man responsible for the Nuclear Holocaust of Japan ^0^! A-L-L the ENOLA G-A-Y Bombardiers were N-O-T White ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^!! Bye-the-bye, I think you mentioning Hi-de-Hi Camps and 'Hitler' TELLS me A-L-L I need to know about you GENETICALLY ^0^ ^0^!!