eSports switches from Xbox to PS4 for Call of Duty

Competitive gaming was a big thing for Call of Duty on Xbox, but not any more as it is switching to PlayStation.

Treyarch has confirmed that competitive Call of Duty has switched over to Sony's system, along with the early Call of Duty DLC.

Woo, I don't know what I'm celebrating for.

It means a bit of a headache for groups like Major League Gaming, who has most of their tournaments on Xbox, but with PlayStation being the new home of Call of Duty, it seems this is about to change.

Edited On 06 Aug, 2015

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 1 year ago
Consoles are for the filthy casuals. PC is where the real competition is at.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
but PC's are more prone to crash or be at an advantage unless they are all the same PC and everyone uses the same mouse and keyboard. Can imagine a lot of people will get annoyed with this, exp now MS just announced its premium controller made for things like this!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 1 year ago
Turnip how can you justify saying that when PC already dominates E-sports? The biggest E-sports games/tournaments are played on PC already.
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
I don't comment here often, but LOL
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
yeah but i mean regarding COD. its usually always on xbox 360/1. So it continuing on PS4 seems obvious to me. Not rally heard of any professional e-sport FPS on PC being played - I know things like starcraft and Dota and LoL are all on pc, obviously, but not seen FPS's included for a while.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
just googeld - forgot about Counterstrike and Team fortress - ah well, still stand on COD as thats mainly a consol e-sport. if it jumped form console to PC then the 'best' players would probably not be as good as they thing they are. This is why I feel the mouse and keyboard for the PS4 they are bringing out will give an unfair advantage in online games that support it.
Kwan 1 year ago
What exactly is a filthy casual?
Neil 1 year ago
Gotta love people tying themselves to a console or PC lol
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 1 year ago
Neil well to be honest that can't be me because I'm a filthy casual
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 1 year ago
PCs smell like ass, hehe