What format do you play games on?

There are many ways to play games, and while most people who Shop with us likely lean to the side of consoles, we're keen to know all the formats you use and which are the most popular with you.

ShopTo sells a wide range of products, from PS4, Xbox One and Wii U, to handheld devices such as 3DS and PS Vita. Of course we also deal with PC too and have some fantastic deals in this area, such as the ASUS gaming laptop which you can order below.

So tell us in the comments, which format do you game on most and why?

Edited On 02 Sep, 2015

Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 1 year ago
for me all of them, oh shopto trying to start a fanboy war
Joe Anderson (Editor)'s avatar
Joe Anderson (Editor) 1 year ago
I mainly use PS4 and Xbox One. I have 3DS, PS Vita and Wii U and occasionally use them too. I also have a gaming PC though I use that rarely.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 1 year ago
My most regular format is my phone. There are three games on there I log into daily. Then mostly my laptop for Crusader Kings2 and the PS4 for everything else. Depends on the situation. Weekends I mostly play CK2 as I can easily pause that and it doesn't contain violence (visible at least) so not an issue if my three year old sees it. My PS4 only really gets played after she's gone to bed, although she did ask if she could watch me "play the scary game" after catching a glimpse of me playing Shadow of Mordor when she nipped out of bed for the toilet. I am also looking and eventually picking up a Xbone and whilst I do have a Wii U, it never gets played. Maybe when my daughter's a touch older.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 1 year ago
I use my ps4 mainly for everything , and i have a xbox 1 for the exclusive games but will buy multi format games again for xbox if i like them enough lol
Lawler_1093's avatar
Lawler_1093 1 year ago
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 1 year ago
Primary - PS4. But, I did get a bargain XB1 for £150. So now, both
RGDBSH25's avatar
RGDBSH25 1 year ago
jimmyduckegg's avatar
jimmyduckegg 1 year ago
All of them (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Wii U, PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS, PC)
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
Advertising that Gaming Laptop is not really helping the image that PC Gaming is expensive
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
Anyhoo. PC, Wii U, 3DS, PS3, PSV(TV), 360. In that order
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
Just noticed that Laptop is a 4K model. Carry on
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 1 year ago
For me Xbox one is for online gaming, PS4 is for the occasional decent exclusive and my PC is (as of last month) for almost all non online (so campaigns) 3rd party titles simply because of the better graphics and framerate.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
At the mo', it's defo the Wii U for me whilst also still liking the XB1 and then still a fan of the Gaming PC ^0^ ^0^! Can't wait for the NX ^0^ ^0^!!
PHILIP 1 year ago
ps4/3 and wii u for its exclusives. I stopped gaming on pc about ten years ago when I had kids as I was spending too much time away from family in the spare room. Plus I prefer the comfort of a settee and 50 inch screen rather than the monitor.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 1 year ago
I mainly game on the Xbox One. For me at this moment it has by far the best exclusives out there. ( before the fanboy war starts, I know we all have different tastes ) I buy all multiplatform games on Xbox One because I prefer it's online service and the controller. PS4 I use for any exclusives I like the look of. PC I still use for strategy games which sadly consoles still lack.
Lred's avatar
Lred 1 year ago
I have all and mainly user PS4 for everything. I find the XBone really hard to use as the OS is so slow compared to the PS4. Thats just sitting gathering dust but I might give it another chance when Halo 5 comes out. Still waiting on most of my old 360 buddies to upgrade so that may become a factor in which i play going forward for the big online games. I think this Christmas is going to be a big one console wise for a lot of people upgrading. MS might have a bit of an edge in store space/advertising at that time so will be interesting. WiiU is mainly used when friends come over for local multiplaying Mario Kart. No matter what ages peeps are that is still the best.
Joe Anderson (Editor)'s avatar
Joe Anderson (Editor) 1 year ago
@Danny What happened last month for you to make your PC just for offline gaming, did you just buy a new one?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 1 year ago
PC I got 2 months a go was an impulsive tipsy/drunken purchase that cost me 1K, The PC was pretty shit and couldn't really perform ultra settings at 1080p 60hz very well so I sold it for half of what I paid. I ended up (what I should of done in the 1st place) ordering a custom built PC from Scan which came in at £1700 (Would of only save £168 if I bought all the parts from Amazon and built it myself) and my new PC is very capable of ultra settings at 1440p at about 80-100hz and more in less demanding games but the problem I now how is I only have a 1080p 60hz monitor and I am currently trying to save up £600 so I can buy the upcoming ROG Swift monitor which is a 1440p, 165hz, IPS panel, G-Sync monitor and will be an insane upgrade. I have always intened for my PC to be mainly used for 3rd party campaigns simply because of the much better graphics and framerate then what the PS4 and Xbox One offer. I don't game online on my PC for the same reason I don't game online on my PS4 as its boring as fuck playing online on my own with strangers so I would rather just stick with playing online games on my Xbox One which is were all my (real world) friends and colleagues game and to be honest I don't really see the point in me owning a PS4 as since I played TLOU I haven't touched it but I will for the Uncharted Collection but its was fairly cheap (£250 for a 2TB PS4 from a friend) which is why I am keeping it.