The latest Japanese Charts are in, showing big sales for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PS4 and PS3.
Sony's PS4 was the biggest benefactor when it comes to the release of the game, with Phantom Pain selling over 315,000 units on PS4 alone. The PS3 version meanwhile managed sales of over 157,000 units.
All this means that the game has likely surpassed 500,000 units in Japan alone, since it sold a combined 472,983 units on PlayStation platforms alone, in only its first three days on sale.
PS4 hardware also benefited from the release of the game, with the PS4 selling 54,720 units for the week, a far cry from the 120 managed by Xbox One.
Check out the full charts below.
Japanese Software Charts, w/e September 6
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami) PS4 – 315,288 (New)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami) PS3 – 157,605 (New)
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Square Enix) 3DS – 117,844
- Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan / Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS – 39,641
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo) 3DS – 27,002
- Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 16,074
2: Love and Purge (5pb) Vita – 10,432 (New)
- Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo) 3DS – 8,563
- Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita – 7,510
- Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) Wii U – 6,168
PS4 – 54,720
New Nintendo 3DS XL – 23,894
Wii U – 10,197
PS Vita – 10,024
New Nintendo 3DS – 3,515
PS3 – 2,360
Nintendo 3DS – 1,612
Nintendo 3DS XL – 1,001
PS Vita TV – 379
Xbox One – 120