Sony studios no longer supporting PS Vita

Sony Computer Entertainment SVP Masayasu Ito has said that Sony's studios are no longer working on any titles for the PlayStation Vita.

Speaking in a new interview, he admitted that, “currently, first-party studios have no titles in development for PS Vita. Since third-parties are working very hard on PS Vita, SCE’s own strategy is to focus on PS4, which is a new platform.”

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida also admitted as much earlier in the year, while also stating that the “climate is not healthy” for a hardware successor to the much loved PS Vita, “because of the huge dominance of mobile gaming.”

Would you like to see more support for the PS Vita or even a PS Vita 2 or some sort of mobile/Vita hybrid?

Edited On 23 Oct, 2015

Comments
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 1 year ago
It's a shame because it's a good little thing, but money talks and they're not making enough from it so hopefully the benefit will be seen on the ps4 consistently over time
PHILIP 1 year ago
Hmmm. I barely touch my vita to be honest. in fact I am considered selling it as its just sitting there now I only kept it in case I regretted it. I love the ps3/4 but the vita has been a bit of a disappointment for me anyway. Shame cause there are a few good games on there worthy of peoples time.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
I like my vita, it gets used on my dinner in work and on the tram. Mainly its used as a second screen to ps4 so I can watch TV at the same time, but recently I've been playing on the telly and watching things on my iPad, so I've use it less. It has some good games but my pstv plays them too. I think the stupidly overpriced memory cards didn't help it at all, 80 quid it cost me for 64gb, twice as much as my 2tb ps4 hd!
ANDREW 1 year ago
Vita is fun for downloadable games , RPGs and expiremental games that are out there but to be phones have the handheld gaming market all wrapped up if I was Sony I'd get out and focus on the In the house experience and put their money behind the vr
MICHAEL 1 year ago
Knew this would fail. I have a vita seemed like a good move at the time. Being a gamer, its a good system just didn't have software lineup and the piracy didn't help.
Lawler_1093's avatar
Lawler_1093 1 year ago
It's good for me when I'm at work but that's about it
Elliot 1 year ago
Michael - there is NO Vita piracy. There are hacks to play PSP games on it - but theres absolutely nothing in regards to Vita game piracy.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 1 year ago
How is this even news? Sony announced this ages ago... Sony's in-house studios have made plenty of great games for the vita but just because they aren't anymore it doesn't mean there aren't still plenty of good 3rd party games coming for the system. I'm currently really enjoying Resident Evil Revelations 2 and the latest One Piece, just received my copy of the brilliant new Corpse Party game and getting P4D and the new Sword Art Online next month. Also looking forward to the excellent looking Severed, Attack on Titan and the new Gundam which should be coming out soon... this isn't even going in-depth of what is still coming and the backlog of really good games I've yet to play