Sony launches PS2 games on PS4

Sony has launched a selection of PS2 games on PS4, allowing gamers to relive some classic titles on their new system.

We've heard a lot of good things about the conversion of these titles from those who have already downloaded them. The new versions include full trophy support, Share Play, Remote Play, activity feeds and second screen support for game manuals with PlayStation Vita or the PlayStation App.

The games also render at 1080p, which somehow makes them look even better than the originals.

Here's the list of what's available at this time:

Dark Cloud - £11.99
Grand Theft Auto III - £11.99
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - £11.99
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - £11.99
Rogue Galaxy - £11.99
The Mark of Kri - £11.99
Twisted Metal: Black - £7.99
War of the Monsters - £7.99

Are you interested in any of these titles?

Edited On 06 Dec, 2015

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 12 months ago
I'm gonna get Dark Cloud when work pays me my 200 quid Amazon vouchers they owe me. And I may get Twisted metal or GTA3 - not played those in ages
CHRISTOPHER 12 months ago
when's this available
Christopher 12 months ago
Not at the prices they are asking for old PS2 titles, they should have just allowed you to use your own ps2 game discs for the console, this is just theft in my opinion
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 12 months ago
I'm sure I brought San Andreas on the Xbox 360 for a couple of quid last year. If these where priced under £5 I would be up for it but not at these prices.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 12 months ago
Nothing wrong with the pricing, the games now run at 1080/60 and have trophies. So they are practically remastered. They wouldn't give them free if you have the disk like the handful of Xbox ones dos they are literally the same, as in same resolution, same fps, no different. These have at least had some modifications to make them more up to date and. Compatible. The San Andreas on the 360 is a port of the mobile phone version (PS3 got that one last week) this version is the original ps2 version, so things like the music will be the original tracks (the mobile had certain ones removed) and anything else that was changed for the mobile won't be present in this.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 12 months ago
I don't get people asking for older titles to be free. Nobody is forcing you to buy them, they are mainly for people who never got a chance to play them and now they can on modern consoles - had this arguement with someone on YouTube over the between two souls remaster, cos they feel they are entitled to it free cos they have it on the PS3 - why? You bought it, played it, enjoyed it, had your monies worth. Nobody saying u must buy it again now. It seems like only this generation has brought entitlements - you didn't see it with the remasters and releasing of ps2/1 games digitally on the PS3.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 12 months ago
@christopher - it's out now. The banner on the front page of the store if looking online, go to the last image. They went live on Saturday but didn't really make a big fuss about it, the American blog had an announcement with a few games that are coming soon. I want to but pod racer when it's out for the public
Neil 12 months ago
I remember buying Dark Cloud on the release date, what a magical game! I still have it, might pick up a few of these titles on reduction, the prices are too much for such old games
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 12 months ago
Joe, dunno if you aware but U.S. Getting a 1 year ps now as well from Tuesday. Hope we get it too, will be about 60 quid over here - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/05/ps-now-12-month-subscription-for-99-99-9-new-games-from-wb/
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 12 months ago
Think I might wait for a small reduction in price maybe when there under £10. Dark Cloud is definitely on my to get list as loved that game Rogue Galaxy maybe another as never got round to playing that.
Bunglefluff's avatar
Bunglefluff 12 months ago
£12 for PS2 games. Sounds like a bargain :P. No thanks.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 12 months ago
Forget that they are PS2 - as they have been polished and what not - just think of the hours it takes to 'complete' - GTA games about 30-40 hours each and dark cloud is about 40 hours as well. Yet people are happy paying 40-50 quid for games that have a 5-7 hour campaign? Its crazy how people have gone more for graphics over gameplay
Neil 12 months ago