The Final Fantasy VII Remake will be "told across a multi-part series," says Square

Square Enix has said that it will tell the remade story of Final Fantasy VII across multiple parts, which we presume means that it'll be launched episodically.

According to Square, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be "told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience."

No further details of how this will work were provided by the publisher, but we do know that the original composer won't be involved. So what do you think? Is releasing the episodically a good thing?

In related news, Square Enix community manager Daniel Seto later added that the gameplay shown in the new trailer, which we posted at the weekend, but can be watched again below, is "work in progress footage so the final game may look slightly different to what you’ve seen here".

Edited On 07 Dec, 2015

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
i'm guessing they just want to get it out there quicker by doing it a part at a time - don't mind this as long as its not months between parts
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 1 year ago
Oh no, I hate that idea. I prefer to have the whole game on one disc. I don't want to finish one part and then wait around indefinitely for the next part. By the time the next part comes out I might have forgotten what happened in the previous one! There's also the horrible chance that with episodic games we could end up with another 'Shenmue' scenario where you get really involved with a great game and then it just ends. Nobody wants that to happen again.
Neil 1 year ago
Hahaha, what a fucking joke. First that messy combat system now this bullshit. I have lost all hope for you Square
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Guess I'll have to wait for it to be put together as the Deluxe Box Set edition, a tad like RERevelations II :)!1 Speaking of which, crikey, it is sure a good game on XB1. Restored my faith in that console a bit, actually o_0 :)!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 1 year ago
Playing through RERev II did actually make me a bit sad, though as it made me realise StreetFighterV should be over on the XB1 and Steam Machines ^0^!!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
(UPDATE: Square Enix confirmed to Kotaku that "As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.") - its a remake - they are not just copying ff7 which is fine - as thats now out on Ps4. By the sounds of it, it will be about 4/5 6-8 hour episodes following the characters that hopefully then come together for sephiroth at the end for another episode. (if this s what they mean) - they could mean FF7 is one episode and they will have new stories being told like those that came out for psp and ps2 (dirge? and crisis core? style) that tell stories of things that happened or gives back stories to things. atm its just pure speculation on different sites - just like the BC was - I wont believe anything or agree with anything until I see it or square officially announce anything