Hideo Kojima reveals why he partnered with Sony

Hideo Kojima has revealed in a new video as to why he decided to partner with Sony for his first game.

Appanrently it all comes down to how Sony helped Kojima reach worldwide success, and how their ten-year relationship affected him, seeing him form relationships within the company, making friends along the way.

Here's a video via IGN, which explains more.

Edited On 18 Dec, 2015

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 12 months ago
Now let's talk about the REAL reason.. They threw enough money at him.
marcg's avatar
marcg 12 months ago
Sony don't normally do a Microsoft move like throwing money at people. He wants to make the best games and with years of working with Sony, he knows the company and people well. Also ps4 out powers xb1 so why make games for the inferior console which has a lot less sales over the console that has sold better and feels more like a console. Point made!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 12 months ago
By your own logic then he should be making games for PC then.. rather than the out dated console technology
PHILIP 11 months ago
I feel his reasons are genuine..... as for the best platform console or PC it depends on the individual really. I know what you're saying Joe one of my friends is PC total as the graphics are amazing on them if you have a great spec but I prefer my Ps4 as I work long hours and I don't want to use my "unwind" time in another room away from the family so I adapted to consoles a few ago. Actually I can't call it "unwind" time cause I always get "wound up" when I'm on them lol
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 11 months ago
Steam link...
PHILIP 11 months ago
I've just got used to consoles I guess. What I loved about consoles was you just popped disc and it played without messings around with settings regarding your system and patches etc... Now most console games need patching. I do however intend on building a gaming PC next year... after the new porch, kitchen and guttering lol
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 11 months ago
I totally get what you are saying though. I only game on PC because I enjoy it more. Wish I preferred consoles. Would be cheaper!
PHILIP 11 months ago
At least the games seem to be cheaper on the PC its just the innards :-)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 11 months ago
spent £1200 on my build in may of 2014 and just now ive totted up all the upgrades i want and it's coming out at £1300
PHILIP 11 months ago
FUCK**G HELL ! I can see why you prefer your PC over the consoles if they cost that much - Why have burger when you have steak I guess lol
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
my pc was about 2k 4/5 years ago. Since then the only thing I've needed to ad don is more H/D and another 8 gig RAM. Other than this its still working fine. Was going to get a new graphics but I don't really play on it enough anymore - My SLI 480's are fine - they get hot but they do the job and even out-preform a lot of the newer cards - bar the expensive ones. I just find Consoles more convenient for playing games.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
I kinda think Kojima is telling the truth too - after all his experience on Sony platforms and the contacts he has obviously made - it makes sense that, at least for a while while the studio is just setting up, they stick to what they know - I still reckon Silent Hills is coming but under a different name. (unless if Konami grab it first seeing as PT is supposedly being turned back on for download)
PHILIP 11 months ago
I was gutted when silent hills was cancelled. I do hope it still comes out that demo was well creepy
Neil 11 months ago
If you liked Silent Hills check out a game in the making called Allison Road
PHILIP 11 months ago
Just looked at it. Thankyou for that it looks good :-)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 11 months ago
well a little update.. I ended up buying them parts I wanted so RIP wallet!