Wednesday Chat: January 6

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

So what have you been up to this week? What games have you been playing? We've not really had time to work on the back catalogue sitting on our shelves this week, but will soon. What about you?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 06 Jan, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
in-between looking and applying for jobs i'm still trying to 100% Yakuza 5! done the 'hard parts' now its the annoying 'collect everything' and 'win every mini-game' which would be bad if it wasn't replicas of real arcade machines like Virtua Fighter 2 that you have to beat to complete! Also, got the Infinifactory the other week on PS4 and the Talos Principle - had a go the other night, fun puzzle games altho Infinifactory doesn't stream to PSTV/Vita via remote play so had to report a bug - they said nobody else has raised it with them! Am I the last of the vita players? haha!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Oh, I also found a really cool abandonware site (altho i'm not 100% all the games are abandoned!) and found Rama on there - a very old FMV based Sierra game - I have it on CD but I lost one of the disks years ago and could never find a copy to buy. Going to install it later, see if its as good as I remember - or if it is crap - I remember it being like Myst but with H R Geiger/Starship Trooper aliens who kill you every now and again
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 11 months ago
I've been playing Need for Speed PS4 mainly on a daily basis to get to Rank 50 in a month, failed for Dec but hopefully will get there for this month. Also been playing AC Syndicate, Phantom Pain, SW Battlefront on PS4, plus need to play Taken King which I bought for cheap in the PSN sales last month. On Xbox playing through the first Tomb Raider reboot from 2013, before playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. Plus on Xbox 360 been playing Final Fantasy XI before service shuts down on March 31st, and get as many achievements from it as possible.
PHILIP 11 months ago
@ superniceguy whats your opinion on starwars battlefront ? - is it worth getting ? I had a quick go last year but never really gave it chance you see...
PHILIP 11 months ago
@turnip every time I see you online you're on Yakuza you must of sunk a good few hours into that ?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 11 months ago
I am not one for online shooters, but SW Battlefront is pretty good fun and can get intense, and makes me want to play more, unlike other online shooters (Halo, Battlefield, COD etc) which I just want to quit as soon as I start. It is like a beginners game to online shooters. If you like Star Wars you should like it, as the graphics and sounds bring star wars alive, but if you want a (star wars) game with a good story then it is not ideal.
PHILIP 11 months ago
Thanks, I'm still in two minds to pick it up or not.
Lawler_1093's avatar
Lawler_1093 11 months ago
battlefront is good with friends, however on your own it can get boring fast. but that's just me
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
haha yeah! i'm on just over 200 hours now - 1st play through and on about 60% completion. Took me about 8 hours to kill 1 set of bosses - until I realised if I did the 'training' then they become stupidly easy. Once I've 100% done everythgin I then need to play through again on Extra hard - but luckly all your items and stuff carries over. Then I have Akiba's Trip to complete on the PS3 - bought it in the sale, I've platinumed the Vita and PS4 versions so grabbed it on PS3 while it was cheap - its a really fun game