Friday Chat: January 8

So what are you looking forward to this year? Are there any games which stand out for you?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 08 Jan, 2016

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 11 months ago
Joe what is your opinion on the pricing of the oculus rift? The PC community seems to have blown up and is very divided over it.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 11 months ago
Not sure really. I don't want one, I'd rather try PS VR and see what I think. VR seems like it won't take off to me though. I just don't think there will be enough compelling experiences. It'll be all experimental indie games for £20 each.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 11 months ago
I think it's one of them things. To really appreciate it you'll have to have hands on experience with it. I'll be waiting anxiously for your PlayStation VR review (if you are doing one) before jumping into any sort of VR. One of the reviewers I watch on YouTube said the first time he used his oculus rift DK2 on elite dangerous he was blown away.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Thing is as well is the Specs you need to run the Rift on a PC - Nvidia says there are about 13 million of their GPUs out there that support it. Considering Steam has a Active client based of 125 million - that's not a lot who can actually use it seeing as the PC does all the hard work. I'm with Joe - PSVR is the best bet as the games have to be developed to run with what the PS4 provides so will probably give the more reliable experience. I just see a load of gimmicky games coming out though and an influx of simulator games. Plus I don't see many VR ONLY games being made - so I don't think anyone will miss out on not having one
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
I watched TB Talk about the Rift and he isn't happy with the price but then goes on to justify it. I think its because they quoted it would be 350 dollars but that was based on you spending 1500 on a pc. Its a big investment for something so new.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Oh, my Shovel Knight Amiibo turned up this morning - thanks guys :) realised I don't have it on my Wii U/3DS and only on my PS4/.Vita so I can't use it, but the figure looks nice with the others :) Nice and colourful. Main thing I'm looking forward to this year is the NX - will be saving up, when I can, So I have enough to get it on release - Also, there is a new One Piece Pirate Warrior gmae out this year but I'll probably get direct form Namco to get the collectors version.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Sorry - One Piece: Burning Blood
PHILIP 11 months ago
I think it definitely an individual choice regarding VR. I am looking forward to having a go with Sonys offering - guess you gotta way up price and if its a novelty factor. Bet they have some interesting titles in development. Imagine a VR horror game.... with serious jumpy moments....now that would really capture my interest. Not that I am into all things murder death kill :-)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
the streaming guys are doing really well - been watching all the time so far whilst playing (surprise surprise) Yakuza 5. Just over 12 hours now :) Hosted your twitch and retweeted/shared on fb to try and grab a few more people into it. Didn't realise the Xbox one doens't allow party chat to be streamed though - thats mental. on PS4 you can but the other users have to enable a setting to give you permission to stream their voice