Friday Chat: January 15

Next week sees the release of Resident Evil 0, while Zombi and a few other games are also on the horizon. Are there any games you are looking forward to playing this month?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 15 Jan, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
have you tried out PvZ 2? I'm just having a quick match before my interview :)
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 11 months ago
I'll be on PvZ2 tonight on the Xbone. Have to said, had the console just over a week and thoroughly disappointed with it in every single way, and every time I look for a solution (such as being slow over WiFi) everywhere just says "that's how it is, get used to it". However, have an Xbox fan boy as a mate and he's hooked on PvZ2 so I'll be getting the new PvZ on that.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Plants vs zombies is cool - the 2 games I played though most people are playing as the new small zombie and the corn plant. I stuck to the peashooter because that's what I used to play on the original a lot. I don't see any major differences though, graphic wise it's very similar - this could probably have been an expansion rather than a full game release. The 'hub area' as well is a bit iffy - what's wrong with a menu with options you just pick and press X on? It doesn't need a hub area!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Joe, the 3 starwars PS2 games are on the PS4 store now, Bounty hunter, Jedi Starfighter and Racer Revenge - although Bounty hunter isn't unlocked for purchase yet - they are only 7.99 each - might get racer revenge - I loved Racer on the N64, they are the same aren't they?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
i take back everything i said about PvZ2 - its amazing! just spent aobut 30 mins randomly walking around and found a 'horde' type mode, got to the final endless mode, was so much fun! got over 25k coins from it so went and bought some sticker packs - if you press triangle at the vending machine u get 1 of each pack free, including the legendary skin - I got a rock peashooter :)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 11 months ago
Racer revenge on PS2 is not quite the same as the N64 version. I preferred the N64 version, but after playing on the PS4 version a bit more will have to replay the N64 to double check. Racer revenge also focuses more on knocking out your opponents, which I can not recall in the N64 version.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Pokken tournament on Wii U coming March 18th!!!! http://www.pokkentournament.com/en-gb/
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
ahhh okay. I'll probably get it in a few months - put it on my wishlist. Wonder if they will emulate the Mariokart style Racer game that was on the PS2? that one was fun
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
in honour of David Bowie, square enix are giving away omikron for free https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/ just enter code Omikron
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 11 months ago
The other thing with Racer Revenge on PS2 is that it uses the 2 thumbsticks of the dualshock to control each engine, to closely mimic the way the podracers are seen to be handled in the Phantom Menace. If I remember right pushing both sticks forward accelerates and pulling back on both sticks decelerates, and pulling back on one stick and pushing forward on the other stick makes you turn. I have not yet used this method yet, this is advanced control scheme, and the standard control scheme (which I am using atm) is more simpler to control, but uses X to accelerate rather than L2
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 11 months ago
There is a man trying to complete all Steam games (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-15-meet-the-man-trying-to-finish-all-the-steam-games), which is practically impossible as it will be never ending! My goal is to try and complete all Xbox 360 games, which is more feasible, but imposible to fully complete as content begins to get removed eg Forza 4 Porsche expansion and FFXI, but if I finish Forza 4 now without Porsche expansion I will consider that complete, but not fully complete, and if I have not completed FF XI (achievement wise by end of March) it will be one less game to complete, as will no longer be available to complete!