New Hitman release schedule announced; UK pricing revealed

Io-Interactive today released further details for Hitman which launches on March 11th for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

A change to the release structure, sees Hitman become what the publisher says is "a truly episodic AAA game experience, with a major live component. Where players will perform contract hits on powerful, high-profile targets in exotic locations around the world."

The game starts with a Prologue Mission and a Paris location on March 11th, followed by the next location, set in Italy releasing in April and then Morocco releasing in May. From there Hitman will deliver regular monthly content updates, including three additional locations; Thailand, the US and Japan until the season concludes in Japan later in 2016. With weekly live events and additional planned content in between the monthly updates.

“We decided to take the full leap and publish Hitman as a truly episodic game experience,”said Hannes Seifert, Head of Studio at Io-Interactive. “Part of that decision is for that little bit of extra time to ensure every location we release is at the quality level fitting for a Hitman game. But the main driving reason is that this will allow us to create a living game that will expand and evolve over time and establish a foundation for the future – this is the first game in a storyline which will continue and expand with future Hitman games.”

A new Intro Pack now contains Prologue and Paris levels and will release at the new price of £11.59. Each subsequent location will be priced at £7.99 as an add-on item to the Intro Pack. Alternatively, players can buy the Full Experience up front for £44.99. This includes all of this year’s content as it’s released, and guarantees them not to miss any live or bonus content. There is also an upgrade pack for £36.99 if you want to purchase the remaining episode having purchased the first.

The disc version of Hitman will ship at the end of 2016.

PlayStation users will also gain access to The Sarajevo Six. 6 Bonus Contracts, one of which will be released with each location and sees Agent 47 travel the world in pursuit of six former members of a paramilitary unit called CICADA in this self-contained side-story exclusive for PlayStation 4 users.

For players wanting to get into the game early, the Hitman beta starts on February 12th on PlayStation 4 and February 19th on PC. Players can guarantee access to the beta by pre-ordering the Full Experience or the new Intro Pack.

Edited On 15 Jan, 2016

Comments
Massey's avatar
Massey 11 months ago
But the pre order for hitman has been taken off the psn store sp how can you play the beta Had an email from playstation saying that my order has been cancelled
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 11 months ago
I have added the UK prices now. The pre-order should be on the store again today I hear.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
I see this becoming a ps plus game at some point - for the 1st part - I don't know by they can't just delay it a few months and bring out a complete game rather than doing this - do they think modern players want a pay as you go method?
Brain In A Jar's avatar
Brain In A Jar 11 months ago
I've played episodic games before (Telltale's The Walking Dead for one) so I know from experience I'd rather wait until they're all available than suffer the painful wait between one chapter and the next. I realise there are weekly events to fill the gaps, but as much as I love Hitman I don't want to be playing it all year. There are loads of other games I want to play too (especially Uncharted 4) and I find it terribly interruptive having to break off from another game every time a new episode goes live - I like to play a game and finish it before I start a new one. When the disc version is finally on sale later this year it won't feel like a new release and the excitement of the launch will be lost. So I'm sorry to say the decision to release it like this is killing it for me.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
a lot of people with this and with the new FF7 seem to compare the episodic nature to telltale - I can imagine with these games that they will be nothing like telltale - as in, it wont get to a part then you have to wait for the next bit to come out - because that wont suit the style of game. with this, it will be more like, for 15 dollars you get the first set of missions with dailies and monthly goals. so it should be like a full budget game that lasts as long as you want to play. then the extras they bring out are like dlc or expansions to add more locations and events. Then with FF7 its supposed to be like a 'chronicles of FF' so each 'chapter' will revolve around a persons point of view with them all coming together at the end. so again, full games with a start, middle and end but that you can buy the others if you wish to go further into the different point of views.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
for 15 dollars though - i'll probably bite on the 1st pack, unless if it is free with PS Plus - which I still think they will do tbh
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 11 months ago
PS4 gets more exclusive content again, so if I do get this it will be the PS4 version. Plus it looks like one long Beta until it all gets released later in the year. It is a bit confusing with this, as the release date for the disc version is still 11th March, and I was thinking that they are giving a choice, and you can buy the full game on 11th March too, but I think they have not updated the site. Looking around the internet it will be more than a budget game, and will be released in 6 parts (with PS4 getting an extra mission with each release) and there will be a delay between each release, as the developers tweak the game depending on players feedback an playstyle, which makes it different to the telltale games, as I do not think they did this, they just developed each episode regardless of what people thought. Apparently the game is going to be bigger than previous Hitman games, and doing it in an episodic way could be a way that brings games out better overall, as they get peoples money on the way helping development. A lot of games get cropped (features removed) upon release as they run out of time, funds, or developer resources eg Shadow of Mordor, plus Hellblade can not do awesome weather effects due to lack of developer resources. I was going to leave this game until it got cheaper, but now they are creating the game live I may even buy the full experience and play the beta. They imply that there may be events or bonus content which could be missed if buying it as you go. If this turns out to be rubbish then will not buy a game like this again in full from day one