Tuesday Chat: January 19

It's Tuesday. So how is everyone today?

There's not too much to talk about still but we do have a preview for Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 coming up, while our review for Resident Evil 0 is now live. We also have a review on the way for The Banner Saga and we will round the reviews for the week up tomorrow with one for This War is Mine.

So what are you up to?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 19 Jan, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
checked psn this morning - bought The Deadly Tower of Monsters - really cool game, doesn't look like it will last that long but its funny and a sold top-down shooter. Was gonna get Dark Chronicles, but I think I'll wait as I dont' really want another huge game yet.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
finally got a job! doesn't start until Feb tho :(
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 11 months ago
Nice turnip, congrats. What Job is it?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Its only a temp job, but its working in Sainsbury's head office in Manchester on a new team helping out members of staff with a new Share scheme - helping them sign up and use it or something. It's a start and better than Universal Credit. Plus it means I can still look for a Perm job while doing it. Now I need to call MY shares company to cash in my shares at Sage before they take them to pay what I owe them in Holidays/travel loan haha!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
What's everyones thoughts on Nintendos Pay as you go models? I'm thinking of paying £25 and buying 5000 Picrites in the Pokemon Picross game. once you buy 5000 then they all become free, pretty much turning the F2P into a normal game. they did the same on the Rumble and I think on the Matching one. Personally I like it - I hate F2P as there is always pay walls and its a grind to get the full experience, but having the 'if you pay this much then the microtransactions become free' appeals to me.
PHILIP 11 months ago
@Well done for getting a job Turnip. I bought Ethan Carter in the sale the weekend on Ps4. Really enjoying it - looks really nice scenery and good story. Also bought SOMA but am waiting till I finish this game first and I want to play that on the evenings which I can only do weekends cause I work nights.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Thanks :) - I liked Ethan Carter, I like the evidence building kinda thing - I really liked Soul Suspect as well as that did the same thing where you were trying to find your killer so you re-build the various murder scenes to find evidence - but a lot of people didn't like that. I might dig that out to finish the plat actually....
PHILIP 11 months ago
Soul suspect is in the sale as well I think ..? I may get that too if it is and its like Ethan Carter
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Now I got the job I have 2 interviews - one for a perm role as a Junior Analyst with Sainsburys - so gonna try and get that! The inteviewer for the temp role told me to apply for that one haha! Yeah, Murdered: Soul Suspect is in the sale. its by Square Enix. I liked it - some people don't. you may want to look at probably the first 10/15 mins on youtube. It probably has no re-playability if you picking up everything as you go (once you enter the last part of the game it autosaves and you can't go back to collect things so you have to be careful!) but it took me about 12 hours to run through the first time.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 11 months ago
Well done Turnip. Good luck with the F/T job hunting :D
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Thanks - doubt I'll be able to spend the 450 quid I need to in the next 2 months to stay Gold though! :'( *bye bye 5% discount* have you tried out "The Deadly Tower of Monsters" on PSN yet? Its really good. Oh, the Charity items came yesterday - thanks a lot - I love the Controller, using it on my PC because all my 360 ones broke a while ago :D