Thursday Chat: January 21

The recording of the ShopTo Gaming Show will now take place tomorrow, so it should go live sometime around then too. Other than that, we are pretty up to date with reviews, so it's all about the news for us.

One of the topics for the show will be Digital vs Retail, so if you are yet to comment on this please let us know your thoughts.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 21 Jan, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Still playing Picross on 3ds and Xenoblade on Wii U - also found Bayonetta 1 and 2 stupidly cheap online yesterday so I had to grab those as well :) I always Favor Digital over physical tbh. unless its a game I just wanna try out or thats stupidly cheap. It would be nice if you could 'trade' in digital games to get credit off other games. I think the Steam refunds is being heavily abused though (there a 'game' called that dragon, cancer (I have bad opinions about this but I wont go into it here) and about 90% of the threads on steam are people saying how crap it is and how the dev used his dying son as the inspiration of the 'game' to capitalise and make money out of it for a less than 2 hour 'game' - all of these people obviously show they don't 'own' the 'game' as they have all played it and refunded it within 2 hours. almost everyone on the steam forum talking about it has refunded it because its less than 2 hours long. Wonder is Steam will change the criteria in the future?)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
buy yeah, Greenman used to have a system where, if you buy a digital game and it used Capsule (their application for games that didn't use steam, origin or uplay (like Beamdog, Impulse and Desura)) then you could 'trade' that game in and get credit towards another game and it would revoke the licence - I would like Consoles and Steam to allow this as it works in their favour - you don't get 100% back, you get a % and you have to use it in their store, you dont' just get 100% cash back
PHILIP 11 months ago
Quick question please as its bugging me - on the top of this page with the RED banner for watching shopto videos on red tube does anyone know what the middle game is with the girl with her arm on the childs shoulder (between Assassins Creed and the FallOut shots)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
on redtube..... hmmmm haha. It's beyond two souls - great game
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
in regards to the banner -@joe - it doesn't fit on the screen. the site devs need to scale the image in the coding - just realised by right clicking and view image that we only see half!
PHILIP 11 months ago
thanks Turnip :-)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
Guys - is Bloodbourne GOTY edition worth 25 quid? I rage quit if a game gets hard - is it really as hard as people make it out to be?
PHILIP 11 months ago
I have watched my friend play it and I must say even after gaming for 31 years I think it look ruthless in difficulty so have wimped out getting it for now. He kept at it and finished it though so its nore than "do-able " I have small amounts of gaming time due to work/family and it looks like the last thing I would want to sit down at to spend some enjoyable wind down time. And after Titan difficulty in God of war 3 I smashed my controller in rage on the last room of the maze. Still beat the bastard and got the plat though - even if it did cost me a new pad :-(
Lawler_1093's avatar
Lawler_1093 11 months ago
^^^^ I know the feeling. I'm on my third controller now because of smashing my other ones up -_- can't help but rage quit
Neil 11 months ago
I bought Bloodborne and it's pissed me off already