Microsoft has added 10 new titles to its Xbox backwards compatibility list

Microsoft has added 10 new titles to its Xbox backwards compatibility list, such as the free for a limited time The Witcher 2.

The new list of games includes:

- Aegis Wing
- Age of Booty
- Counter-Strike: GO
- Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad
- Sam & Max Save the World
- Skullgirls
- Small Arms
- Soulcalibur
- Space Giraffe
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Only the Witcher 2 is a retail title, with the others being downloadable arcade titles on the Xbox 360.

So what do you think of the list?

Edited On 21 Jan, 2016

Comments
spaceninjaUK's avatar
spaceninjaUK 1 year ago
i would like to see sonic generations and sonic racing transformed
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 1 year ago
getting the witcher 2 for sure while its free :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
is it free as in u 'purchase' it for free, or just free until they say no and it gets locked without a disc? shame they have so many xbla and not a lot of retail - did they ever fix halo reach?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 1 year ago
i own the disc version any way so i'm good haha
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 1 year ago
Witcher 2 was free with games with gold previously, probably doing it to give Xbox one users a 2nd chance who probably did not think 360 games would run on the console, so did not attempt to claim it.
PHILIP 1 year ago
Not gone back to the Xbox since I plugged it in xmas but will grab the witcher 2 the weekend. I wanted that when it came out so nice bonus
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
My theory is that they are giving it everyone as a download free because the retail is 2 dvd's - and they can't get those to work yet - so offering it as a download where the downloaded version has no disc swaps makes sense until they resolve the multi-disc issues
Neil 1 year ago
If that's true Turnip I guess we ain't seeing Lost Odyssey of Blue Dragon for a while...
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 1 year ago
@neil - I posted that theory on Eurogamer as well and I was informed that The Witcher 2 originally came on 2 DVD's but then they managed to fit it all on 1DVD and re-release it. The download on Xbox.com is the 1DVD version which is why they have offered it free - because technically if you have the multi-disk version it may not pick up the second disk content. So they gave it free to everyone to avoid people being unhappy for having the 2 disk version and being unable to play it. I don't know if they are any further on fixing the multidisk issue - If they managed to get Lost Odysey to work I would possibly consider getting one - however, I would rather them remaster it fully. I loved that game, it was the FF we should have got instead of XII