Microsoft has added 10 new titles to its Xbox backwards compatibility list

Microsoft has added 10 new titles to its Xbox backwards compatibility list, such as the free for a limited time The Witcher 2.

The new list of games includes:

- Aegis Wing
- Age of Booty
- Counter-Strike: GO
- Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad
- Sam & Max Save the World
- Skullgirls
- Small Arms
- Soulcalibur
- Space Giraffe
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Only the Witcher 2 is a retail title, with the others being downloadable arcade titles on the Xbox 360.

So what do you think of the list?

Edited On 21 Jan, 2016

Comments
spaceninjaUK's avatar
spaceninjaUK 11 months ago
i would like to see sonic generations and sonic racing transformed
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 11 months ago
getting the witcher 2 for sure while its free :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
is it free as in u 'purchase' it for free, or just free until they say no and it gets locked without a disc? shame they have so many xbla and not a lot of retail - did they ever fix halo reach?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 11 months ago
i own the disc version any way so i'm good haha
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 11 months ago
Witcher 2 was free with games with gold previously, probably doing it to give Xbox one users a 2nd chance who probably did not think 360 games would run on the console, so did not attempt to claim it.
PHILIP 11 months ago
Not gone back to the Xbox since I plugged it in xmas but will grab the witcher 2 the weekend. I wanted that when it came out so nice bonus
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
My theory is that they are giving it everyone as a download free because the retail is 2 dvd's - and they can't get those to work yet - so offering it as a download where the downloaded version has no disc swaps makes sense until they resolve the multi-disc issues
Neil 11 months ago
If that's true Turnip I guess we ain't seeing Lost Odyssey of Blue Dragon for a while...
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 11 months ago
@neil - I posted that theory on Eurogamer as well and I was informed that The Witcher 2 originally came on 2 DVD's but then they managed to fit it all on 1DVD and re-release it. The download on Xbox.com is the 1DVD version which is why they have offered it free - because technically if you have the multi-disk version it may not pick up the second disk content. So they gave it free to everyone to avoid people being unhappy for having the 2 disk version and being unable to play it. I don't know if they are any further on fixing the multidisk issue - If they managed to get Lost Odysey to work I would possibly consider getting one - however, I would rather them remaster it fully. I loved that game, it was the FF we should have got instead of XII