Microsoft survey asks if you'd trade in digital games for 10 percent of the purchase price

Microsoft has asked in a new survey if users would be willing to sell digital games back via Xbox LIVE for 10 per cent of the purchase price.

The question popped up in a customer survey and was shown via Reddit, asking, "If the console digital games store for the console you owned offered customers the option to 'sell back' their digital games to the store for 10 per cent of the purchase price in store credit, would you be interested in such an offer?."

The choice of answers was: "Yes, for many of my digital titles", "Yes, but only for a few digital titles I no longer play", and no/not sure.

We're presuming that this would then revoke your digital license for that game and give you a small refund. So for example, if you purchased a full digital game at £55, this would give you £5.50 back.

What do you think of this idea and does 10 percent sound sufficient enough to you?

Edited On 21 Mar, 2016

Comments
SilverShane's avatar
SilverShane 8 months ago
It's a decent idea but the thing is any games you no longer want or that they would let you "return" are probably worth less than £30 by that point but somethings better than nothing I guess ...
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
I wouldn't for 10% - maybe for 25% of the current market price, but not 10.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
Would be good if they offered a '2 pound per hour' policy - where you can trade it back in and the amount you get goes down for each hour you spent on the game. so if you get a 50 quid game and it only took 3 hours to complete then you get 44 quid back - something like that. too many of my digital games cost too much and lasted not long at all!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 8 months ago
No chance they'll do that turnip they wouldn't make any money off of games. I think i'd accept it if it was about 12.5%
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 8 months ago
if there's an issue on wasted money then buy games when the price is slashed to a more resonable price
lukas83's avatar
lukas83 8 months ago
The £2 per hour policy is simply not realistic by any stretch but to be fair 10% isn't either in my opinion. 20% would be fair in the real world so that would probably equate to 15% in the business world. As asking for fair is unacceptable in business.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
I just remember the saying from years ago (and Funhaus recently) that you should get 1 dollar per 1 hour of entertainment. These days you get a lot less for your money - but thats going off topic :) - If Sony offered me 10% for the games I no longer play I would rather keep them. I tend to get most my digitals in sales, so 10% of the game could be a few quid which is stupid. They would have to give about 20-30% I recon for this to be looked at in a positive way.
PHILIP 8 months ago
20 - 25% would be a fair offer... 10% is an effing insult I'd rather keep them instead.... bloody joke.
Ray 8 months ago
Hmm I'd go with is idea, if they do a variety of percentage for how long you've had the game you've downloaded on your HDD say 30-40% for something just released and in time 10% would seem ok