PS4 Firmware 3.50 has hidden features which may interest you

The PlayStation 4's latest firmware has some hidden features which Sony didn't go shouting about when releasing the update.

These features include the return of the ability to stream music through a USB drive, while you can now also turn off the notification message confirming a screenshot was taken.

Other new features include the ability to limit the size of parties from 2-8 people. Even the way trophy screenshots are taken has been tweaked, with the resulting screenshots now having the trophy notification superimposed on them, with the screenshot now taken at the exact moment the trophy unlocks.

Sony has also tweaked the Network speed test, so you should get more accurate results when doing an internet speed test.

Want more? Well the PS4 now supports 4TB hard drives, although we're not sure one actually exists which fits the PS4 at the moment.

Finally you can now remove suggestions from the "People You May Know List," if you are fed up looking at them.

If you notice any further hidden features then let us know.

Source: Neogaf/Kotaku.

Edited On 08 Apr, 2016

Comments
Richard 8 months ago
awesome thanx
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
Is this real? we can have up to 4tb - there is a 4tb on Amazon for 125 quid - I'm gonna buy it if its true. I am always running out of space on my 2tb drive!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
plus - when was music turned off? I thought it has been there since v2 or something?
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 8 months ago
It is true, though apparently most 4TB HDD's do not fit unless you use the Nyko add on. Be careful, check the reviews. I'm sure they will make some that fit soon enough.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
Just checked - its a standard 2.5 inch HD - came out late last year - standard 2.5" size. Ordered and will be here in amazon locker tomorrow. Will try it out tomorrow when I get home. the Nyko was to use 3.5" on the Ps4 wasn't it?
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 8 months ago
Yeah that is right. Let me know if it works.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
I will! been waiting for them to do this - only have d/l games on mine at the mo as i've had to delete all my disc games due to having no room! Just looked up the specs on the Seagate website and the device is too small to house a 3.5 so it should work! its called a Portable HD so I hope so haha! My Sunday is going to be migrating all the data across i guess! - just wish a hidden feature was to delete demos and betas! I really want that to come soon.
lethal1984's avatar
lethal1984 8 months ago
I'd stick with a 2tb that actually fits in your ps4.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
@Lethal - there are 4tb drives which are 2.5" now - so should fit inside the PS4. I'm just hoping I don't get home, crack it open and it doesn't support it haha!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
I take that back - cancelled - its 15mm thick, needs to be 9mm - grrr. I'll keep looking! Thought the 'slim' drives were compatible - unless the new ps4 has a bigger drive casing to allow 15mm drives?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 8 months ago
May get one at some point , got a 5tb external for my X1 with a 1tb built in so covered on that front hahah:)
Neil 8 months ago
I'll get a 4tb when they're commercially out and affordable, till then I will continue to delete stuff