PS3 Firmware 4.80 arrives

PS3 is still getting new firmware, with the latest download, 4.80, adding the usual stability improvements during use of certain features.

You can install the update by visiting Settings > System Update > Update via Internet on your PS4 if it doesn't prompt you to do install the latest firmware.

Are you still using the PS3? If so what is keeping you playing it? Are you still to upgrade to PS4 or Xbox One? if you haven't, then what's holding you back?

Let us know below.

Edited On 20 Apr, 2016

Comments
Mike 8 months ago
I've got a PS4 but still got my PS3. I have quite the gaming backlog: Dante's Inferno, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Ratchet & Clank Trilogy, Mirror's Edge, Dishonored, Spec Ops: The Line, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Darksiders, Vanquish… I could go on (thank you PS+!)
MICHAEL 8 months ago
I have a ps4 and ps3 i have around 185 games on the ps3. Some great games on ps3 including demon souls and dragons dogma. Not sure i could part with the collection even if they were remastered on the ps4.
PHILIP 8 months ago
Still got my Ps3 sitting proud underneath my Ps4. So much back log of games have about 80 odd titles on it and have no intention of parting with it in the foreseeable future anyway. I even have a go on the original launch titles like motor storm every so often so still gets plenty of TLC from me. Obviously when I buy a game I always get the Ps4 version as priority if two versions available but for now Ps3 is there to stay.
spaceninjaUK's avatar
spaceninjaUK 8 months ago
All ps3 games should be made backwards compatible to use on playstation4 and so on through each generation...that way you never lose your gaming catalog!
Kwan 8 months ago
I not only have my PS3 and PS4 still, recently purchased an XBONE. Great value due to games with gold and backwards compatibility - 2 Xbone games per month and 2 X360 games. In addition to PS plus, I'm drowning with games.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 8 months ago
I bought a PS3 about 6 months ago, but i've been 'buying' the free PS Plus PS3 games for about 2.5 years, so I had a big catalogue by the time I got one. I still play it quite a bit, I just don't like the flimsy sticks and the fact most shooter games use the bumper buttons for shoot rather than the triggers!!
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 8 months ago
I still use the PS3 for Music and DVD's because it's much more convenient. PS4 is a complete pain for those. I'd use PS4 for watching DVD's if they ever decided to make a dedicated remote for it but using the controller just sucks!