Nintendo NX will launch in March 2017

Nintendo has revealed that its next Zelda game will launch simultaneously on Wii U and NX, with Nintendo's latest hardware due to launch globally in March 2017.

“For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally,” said the company in a statement.

“For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX” which is a brand-new concept, and our unique software-led hardware-software integrated business will continue to constitute the core business for Nintendo. For the purpose of maximizing the population that interacts with Nintendo IP, we have entered into the smart device gaming business.

“We will aim to create a synergetic effect between the smart device business and Nintendo’s dedicated game system business to maximize the Nintendo businesses overall by growing our smart device business so that it is profitable on its own while continuously strengthening our connection with our consumers by enhancing features of our new membership service called My Nintendo”

The Nintendo NX was expected to be fully detailed around E3, however according to a few tweets from a Wall Street Journal reporter, Nintendo will instead focus on Zelda and will show off Nintendo NX later this year instead.

So there we have it.

Edited On 27 Apr, 2016

Comments
PHILIP 7 months ago
Next year for the new Zelda. Will see what the NX looks like and if I am interested I cant see me using the Wii U again may as well get it on the new hardware. Been pretty underwhelmed with the Wii U. Has had its moments and gave hours of enjoyment but I think I've used it the least out of all consoles I've owned... Well except the Jaguar ... That was an awful machine.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
Going to get it on both the Wii U and NX as, if its anything like Twilight princess, the Wii u version will be made in smaller numbers and will be out of print faster. At least I have a date to save up for - I'm scrapping the PSVR and will get a PS4k this year, then i'll get the NX next year.
trancematic's avatar
trancematic 7 months ago
The Atari Jaguar remember it well,bought it just for Tempest 2000 and that was as good as it got. lets not forget the Panasonic 3DO at £600. Like you i don't play my Nintendo Wii U and literally gave it away a few months back,I'm a Zelda Fanatic and the specs of the NX have to be a lot better this time around,if they are i will buy it day one for sure
PHILIP 7 months ago
Tempest 2000.. yes I had that with the console. And 3do... I had road rash and need for speed. Weren't the best of machines lol
PHILIP 7 months ago
@turnip Still have my ps vr on order as I kepty move controllers. Will end up getting the ps4 upgrade as well no doubt ;-)
Jason 7 months ago
If they stop building stupid console for kids and make a proper games console I might buy it, otherwise no thanks.
Neil 7 months ago
March 2017?! What the hell is with developers of today. Scalebound then this, The Last Guardian will likely release in 2060