PS4K to release by September, says French Distributor

It's being reported that the PS4K could release in time for September, which seems to match up to reports that it'll be announced at Tokyo Game Show when it take place between September 15-16.

We'd imagine when Sony does eventually announce PS4K, that it won't want to upset the momentum that PS4 sales currently have, therefore we'd expect any announcement to be followed by the consoles release, perhaps even within a week or two of the announce.

Rumours of the console releasing in September come from French video games distributor, Innelec Multimedia (via Otaxou/videogamer), suggesting that what it calls the Neo 4K will be released in "the first half of our fiscal year," which ranges from April - September 2016.

It all adds up for a Toyko Game Show revealed, as previously reported, unless of course Sony is confident enough in PS4 that it's willing to announce the PS4K at E3 and then hope sales of the current model don't tail off between now and September.

Edited On 13 May, 2016

Comments
Oliver 7 months ago
This would be a big mistake, I would not be suprised if they have seen a reduction in momentum since the rumours started, they need to announce the PS4K and justify their decisions sooner rather than later. If they don't announce at E3 this will overshadow all the games and will be all anyone is talking about. At least if they announce it they can do damage control and show this as a positive and throw everything into the games.
Jason 7 months ago
Id sell my PS4 and cancel my PSVR if its true
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
personally I'm more excited about this now than I am for VR - I have an PSVR order here and with Amazon and i'll probably end up cancelling both of them and just getting the new console - VR on PC is crap (the VR itself is good but lack of games and tonnes of shovelware/tech demos) makes it pointless in even investing in it yet - I'd rather wait until something comes out that really uses it in a decent way - at least the new console will allow devs to finally bring out games which run well.
Jason 7 months ago
Thats what I paid £350 just a couple of years ago was to get games running well for a generation. So MS and Sony screw up and now they want us to pay for another console to run a few frames faster yeah ok. Your excited for a console that graphically wont even be that much better. Its pathetic
Jason 7 months ago
I forgot to say this is about nothing other than Sonys failstation cant run VR. So in totl they want you to pay over a grand roughly two console and a VR to be able to iuse the VR , you couldnt write it, its truly only for the dumb
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
I believe this is a good move and it isn't all about PSVR - otherwise they wouldn't let you use it on the original PS4 (if it wasn't able to run it at an acceptable level) - I'm happy with selling on my original PS4 and getting the new one, the original one was too underpowered to keep up with the ambitious games today, at least this way you don't need to wait for a new console in 5 years or so - especially when most devs are hitting a wall now in terms of what they can produce.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
Plus you don't need 2 consoles and VR to run it - I don't know where your logic lies there. You just need 1 - be it the new or original PS4 plus the PSVR (Which will probably be full of gimmicky games like the PC so pretty pointless anyway)
Jason 7 months ago
If your prepeared to drop all that cash for a tiny performance increase suggests you shouldnt be on a console anyway and on PC. The average punter is not going to buy into this . And no you dont need one everyone knows its the leading reason of the upgrade do some reseach into it and the whole point of a console is that everyone has the same and upgrades are only every x amount of years this is just a crap cash grab which will destroy the ps4
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
Im sorry but in another thread you were saying that MS should bring out a new console this year - so you are contradicting what you are saying in this thread so I'm not really sure why you are so against this? Also, I have a gaming PC but I also game on my console - My PC is fine for pretty much every game but my preference is to play on the PS4
Jason 7 months ago