The Original Black Ops will be playable on Xbox One from today, according to 360 Dashboard Ad

Call of Duty: Black Ops will be playable on Xbox One via backwards compatibility, as advertised by an ad on the Xbox 360 Dashboard.

It's long been rumoured that Black Ops would eventually be backward compatible on Xbox One and now it seems that this is going to happen.

This comes after Microsoft announcing that it had finally got multi-disc Xbox 360 games working on Xbox One, meaning that we could soon see titles such as Mass Effect 3 and more become compatible with the service.

Are you excited to play Black Ops on Xbox One?

Edited On 17 May, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
so, Sony is thinking of the future by making a console more powerful to support new games and MS is concentrating on making last gen games work so they don't have to publish as many games.... I'd rather play new games than old ones
Jason 7 months ago
Yeah I mean imagine offering consumers the chance to use their already owned products for which their is huge demand or you could do a Sony and release a new console for 3-350 just after releasing one for a few extra fps ....no wonder the gaming industrys a shambles with people like you around. Never read so much waffle in my life. This is great news MS keep up the good work and lets not do a Sony and charge our customers to use their old games pftttttt
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 7 months ago
You can look at it both ways really. If you have the games already then you likely already have a 360 too. What new games does Xbox One have coming out this year? There has to be a good balance between old and new.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
That what I mean Joe - I just feel they are spending a lot of time making older games work than concentrating on newer games, shutting down studios which could have possibly been used to make newer games and not really trying to move forward (except in the PC/Xbox integration which they are obviously trying to do). I'm not going to go into the PS4 on here as its a thread about the Xbox, but it isn't simply for a 'few FPS' its all about keeping the hardware in-line with what is required.
Jason 7 months ago
Oh I see what you mean...new games like Recore or Sea of Thieves or Halo Wars 2 or maybe Cuphead or what about Scalebound or possibly even Gears 4 or Beyond and theres even inside..... stop being a PS4 fanboy xbox is bringing loads to the table ive not even mentioned crackdown or Forza Horizon 3 etc Xbox is nailing it. So adding a feature does not mean they are taking away from something else to it stop being such a childish fanboy.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
Says the guy obviously defending the Xbox way too much... I really don't care about either tbh but you really need to calm down. Just because someone has a different opinion to yourself doesn't make them a 'fan boy' or 'wrong'. Anyway - had enough of this bickering now :)
Massey's avatar
Massey 7 months ago
doesn't bother me I've got a 360 and a ps4 but I do love the mass effect games
Massey's avatar
Massey 7 months ago
kept my 360 because there is nothing for the ps4 hardly I mean uncharted and doom and a couple of others but that's it got a load of games to get though it's going to take me years to complete all of them
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 7 months ago
The Xbox360 BC on Xbox ONE requires minimal work, all games are capable of playing immediately, but some may need minor tweaking to run smoothly. Saints Row IV proves it really. It is not like PS2 classics on PS4. The hard part is getting permission from the publishers. I think we will get Red Dead Redemption with RDR2.