Rumour suggest a Slim Xbox One for 2016; More powerful Xbox for 2017

Rumour time and rumour has it that we will see a slimmer version of the Xbox One this year, while a more powerful Xbox will release next year.

Kotaku claims the 2017 Xbox will feature a "more powerful GPU" and will also be capable of supporting VR headset Oculus Rift, which would make sense since Microsoft is supporting the headset in other ways. The console will support 4K.

The slim model which will be announced at E3, could ship with a 2TB hard drive, although there's no further details on that at this time.

Do you think this is a good move by Microsoft?

Edited On 25 May, 2016

Comments
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 6 months ago
always on my X1 these days ps4 gathers dust , will get the upgraded X1 for sure hope they add the slim with extra power
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 6 months ago
What you playing out of curiosity?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
Hopefully they will have fast hard drives.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 6 months ago
Well i'm just creating a new profile as i have been sharing one with family but plan on doing a full witcher 3 play through will all dlc , fallout 4 , dead island on the way and others include tomb raider , the division , gears , homefront got quite a large backlog lol
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 6 months ago
still use ps4 sometimes but xbox seems to be better atm for me, games with gold are really good these days and uncharted just seemed slow to start never grabbed me
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 6 months ago
Uncharted 4 is really one of the best games ever imo. It does start slow, but I think they do that for a reason to let people understand the relationships. I love it. Playing again.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 6 months ago
Yeah going back to uncharted just not yet with blood and wine scoring high going to soak it up :)
Jason 6 months ago
If its a substantial upgrade ill buy one, not interested in ps4k ill stick to the normal one as it doesnt get enough use all my gaming is on XB1. Especially if its on a level field XB every time
Massey's avatar
Massey 6 months ago
great stuff now Microsoft is copying from PlayStation money money money money that's all they care about
Jason 6 months ago
Do you realise that is all any buisiness cares about?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
I thought it was Microsoft talking about making Xbox ONE upgradeable to begin with before Playstation did, then said something like they did not want to something like the PS4K. Considering the standard PS4 is slightly more powerful than the Xbox ONE anyway, I think Microsoft have been thinking about it since launch, as I have been, but they have just been waiting for Playstation to announce their plans, before making it official, so not left in the dust again.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 6 months ago
Well, that's pretty stupid of M$, really, to launch a more powerful, probably upgradable Xbox One, as by that time I'll be playing on the UPGRADABLE Nintendo NX which will be running on a Pascal chip set, if I can be torn away from me Cyberpower gaming pc powered by an Nvidia 1080 Founder's edition graphics card, that is ^0^ ^0^!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
It was obvious they were going to do something. They won't sit around with the ps4 and 4k more powerful than their system with VR available as well. The recommended specs for the oculus are quite high though so they will have to improve the console quite a lot which will either result in a very expensive console or them selling it at a loss. I don't see the point of a slim if they announce this too though, why would anyone want to buy the underpowered version?
Jason 6 months ago
Rumours circulating are its to be announced 50% more powerful than the NEO, Sony will be left in Xboxs wake if that happens. BOOOOM
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 6 months ago
Can see a lot of sony owners jumping ship if they did lol
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
So the rumour of a new xbox is 50% faster than the rumour of a new PS4 which has no specs released.... I'm guessing the rumours were started by either Xbox or people who want Xbox to be faster than the new Sony device which has no leaked info or stats that have been officially confirmed - its all speculation. Who knows, the NX could be twice as fast as the Xbox 1.5 and PS4.5 as well. Just remember, with more power will come a bigger price tag which may also put some people off.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 6 months ago
k otaku.com scorpio aiming at 6 teraflops , neo 4 by polygon reported
Massey's avatar
Massey 6 months ago
Sony is crap to begin with Xbox always get the best Sony just don't give a crap I've had to buy an Xbox 360 with several old games to play on because PlayStation line up of games is bad and there's nothing for it
Jason 6 months ago
Assasin dont give him the facts it ruins his PS trolling
Jason 6 months ago
To add to that Sony are failing everywhere but gaming, Microsoft have seen how important power is this gen in sales, they could finish Sony off by lumping in with massive power taking a loss n consoles and watch Sony sink without trace. The reverse couldnt happen all depends how much MS want to triumph, I think they are going to push the boat out, time will tell.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
I don't get you Jason - on the sony threads you make fun of what they are doing then when MS decide to do almost exactly the same then you instantly think its a great idea. Al I was saying was the rumours are pointless - look at how many NX ones have supposedly 'leaked' with no official backup. Everyone would be best to wait until things officially get announced, then start making guesses that will be more likely to be true. But like what Joe said in the game review video this week - Power isn't everything and them constantly trying to out-beat each other just means in the long run the consumers are the ones affected having to buy a new console everytime they upgrade to beat the other one. Personally I believe if one upgrades then they both should - so fair enough, they are both doing the same thing - I just wouldn't speculate on 'power' or performance until we have more solid evidence
Yasin 6 months ago
Wow the chat is full on full of xbox 1 trolls
Yasin 6 months ago
Just look at the sales figures PS4 has sold more than xbox one total sales so....
Massey's avatar
Massey 6 months ago
it will be great for new buyers for slim consoles but me and many others WILL NOT be paying of just an updated version of consoles Will stick with what we got still works plays the same games recently with an upgraded HDD on my ps4 no complaints here