No Man's Sky delayed until August

No Man's Sky has been delayed until August 12 in the UK, with the developer needing more time to make sure the game is perfect.

The PS4 and PC release was due at the end of June, however, posting on the PlayStation Blog, Hello Games Sean Murray said, "I have had to make the tough choice to delay the game for a few weeks to allow us to deliver something special.

"After a short delay, No Man’s Sky will launch in Europe on 10th August in Europe, 12th August in the UK."

Murray goes on to say, "We understand that this news is disappointing. Making this game is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life, but we are so close now, and we’re prepared to make the tough choices to get it right.

"The universe of No Man’s Sky is incredibly vast. More than you can imagine. This is a type of game that hasn’t been attempted before, by a smaller team than anyone would expect, under an intense amount of expectation.

"And despite all of that, development is genuinely going well. This is the hardest-working, most talented team I’ve ever worked with, and I’m so proud of what we’re doing. For all our sakes though, we get one shot to make this game and we can’t mess it up.

"To the loyal community who’s stuck by our side since the unveiling of No Man’s Sky years ago, we hope you’ll accept our sincere apology and I am humbly asking that you’ll still look forward to exploring our universe despite the slight delay."

Are you excited for No Man's Sky?

Edited On 28 May, 2016

Comments
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
Another reason for the delay could be to make more Limited Editions which are no longer available, and hopefully make them available to more retailers. I was debating whether to get the limited edition because I would rather have this game digitally than on disc. When the news of delay came it prompted me to preorder it but could not. Whilst it is out of stock they are losing £20 per unit, and that could be a lot over the next month. People tend to preorder more so within the weeks before launch.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
I don't think it will be to make more limiTed editions. I had the discussion on a forum about fire emblem fates - it's a 'limited' edition so they have a set amount and if people wanted it then it's best to Grab as soon as its on sale. Collectors editions are the ones they will generally make more of. There has been no news of going gold or heavy advertisement so I'm guessing it's just not finished and for an indie title shipping at AAA price then they need it to stand out and not be 2 hours of fun then nothing - can imagine if it was then with steam doing refunds, a lot of people will just get it refunded.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
Personally though, nothing about this game excites me, it sounds boring and repetitive (and that's from someone who loves the warrior games!). But then again I also thought journey was crap with nothing to keep me entertained and lots of people love that game - I just don't see the appeal.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 6 months ago
not to bothered tbh still got loads of games to get through, nothing about this stood out to me , will wait on the reviews
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
Limited editions should not sell out this early. The time most people preorder is within 1-2 weeks before release, when they finally decide they want it and have money for it. Tales of Zestiria on Steam was offering Tales of Symphonia if they had enough preorders - For ages it looked doubtful the criteria would be met but then just before release the preorders skyrocketed.With this being an indie game, people are wary about paying high prices. Fire emblem fates special edition was still available to buy on launch day. Considering it has been delayed further then hopefully they will get more made, as I am wiling to pay £70 instead £40, but if they don't then they will just get £40. Their loss, but others will probably pay £150+ from scalpers.
sackdemajick's avatar
sackdemajick 6 months ago
I understand this is a big game from a small developer, but I can see this getting boring.... roll on mirrors edge!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
I agree that the limited editions should sell out quickly and the dev/creator shouldn't feel like they have to make more.Up until recently people have basically took the meaning away from the word limited as DVD/Bluray, games, items were being labelled as 'limited' but they weren't, they were simply 'special editions' but the creators wanted them to sell faster so they labelled them 'limited'. Now we are beginning to truly see things become limited again which makes them more appealing. Plus most sites these days wont take a penny off you for pre-ordering so if something comes out you can pre-order it, then if you change your mind you can cancel it up to about 5 days before to avoid being charged. I do this with everything I am a bit interested in so I don't miss out but have enough time to think about if I really want it or not. Plus, regarding Fire Emblem - I don't know where you saw it available on release day but it sold out on Game within an hour and on Nintendo's site within a few minutes when it was first announced. I know Game re-released a few copies that they had due to payment not going through, but that was only a few hundred and without warning. They will probably sell the model ship you get separately anyway, like what Ubisoft does with their figures, if it is popular and people want it. Or, if the game is only an hour or so of enjoyment then a lot of these will end up in CEX shortly and be available for the same or less price than they were to buy originally (depending on how many they get)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
sorry for writing so much - it was laid out better but this site still doesn't let you have paragraphs!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
Just seen the limited edition - its crap, a steelbook, art book and a few dlc that will be available to buy anyway! I though you got a model of the ship with it? I'm sure that was a thing :/
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
The only problem with really limited editions is that people buy them for the sake of reselling at a huge profit, rather than people who buy who actually want them. Now that the game has been delayed more people will gain interest in the game and more will want the limited edition. Maybe they are staggering the number of limited editions? There should be some available around launch or after reviews as that time should be crunch time as whether you want a limited edition or not, then they should start drying up.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
I saw fire emblem special edition on sale at game on launch day. Probably stock became available after payment failures or they got more in. It will probably be best wait then keep check to see if it becomes available but if not by the day before release then buy it off psn store or wait until it goes on sale. If there is a demand for limited editions then they should make more, so they can make more money themselves than let resellers profit more so.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
I think something needs to be put in place where you can not resell brand new and factory sealed limited edition items for huge profits. Either you have to resell for the price of the RRP or if you make profits from the RRP those profits go back to the developer/publisher etc. If the game is used then can sell for as much as you can get, without such penalty.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
That would never be enforced though. Even if people buy them and then re-sell, there is no pressure to you to pay what people are asking for it. I got Fire Emblem then after getting it I decided to get it digitally instead so I sold the collection on Amazon and bought it digitally with all the DLC - I made a profit for it but I don't feel bad aobut that - someone wanted to buy it, they were willing to pay the price - its business.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
Amazon.de and .fr seem to have some of the limited editions of this game still available - should be in English but can't 100% confirm - they usually are though. It just seems Game only got a small number - which is fine. With this game though I can't see the justification of the limited edition about it - there is nothing special in it.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
I was not interested in the limited edition but am now, and now it is not available. It also has a comic and I doubt the DLC will be available to buy. GAME are not easy to preorder from, they charge £1 preauthorisation fee which is not much but adds up and other retailers do not charge anything, plus been burned many times, as orders cancel even if nothing wrong with payment method, when they had mass effec 3 collectors they could not fulfil as was going into administration, and I lost order, last year they charged people multiple times for mario maker on card, and I was paying by paypal and it cancelled even though nothing wrong my end, and clearly everything wrong GAMES end. If it was available to preorder at shopto I would have done from the beginning. The only people ruining limited editions are people buying with intent to sell at a profit, (from what you say about fire emblems it was not intent to resell) It is business, and if Hello Games think they can get more money from making more limited editions then they should. Overall I think the best way to handle limited editions is stagger the availability. They make 1000 for example, but only let 500 be available to preorder to begin with, then let let the other 500 be available around launch.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
Game don't charge a quid - it may 'reserve' a quid to check your details but that isn't claimed and never actually leaves you account. A lot of places do that as they get details from the bank by requesting a small amount to confirm your ID - Ubishop do the same thing but they stupidly request the full amount to be sure you can pay - even if its a pre-order, then it drops back into your account after a few days. Personally I see the DLC going on sale - I can't think of any DLC that has never been sold after a release. I really thought it had a ship with it though, I dunno where I got that idea from :/
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
The model ship is the explorers edition for PC, not sure where to get that from. Anyway thanks for pointing out that other amazons have it, I have it preordered there for now and is slightly cheaper at £66.20 from Amazon France, the comic is in english ( which may be why they are not sold out), the dlc should work as it is EU, and there is another unique dlc with a multi tool. What you explained is Preauthorisation fees, they are not permanent, but they do reduce your balance by £1 or whatever for 7 days. It is not a bother for credit cards but is for debit cards, especially when loads of these charges are done it all adds up. At the end of the day I only preorder from GAME if I really want it.
paulaw's avatar
paulaw 6 months ago
Hello games are UK based. Most of the work done on this game has been done in the UK so why are we still the last people to get the game? I don't understand that one. Another thing...Sean Murray (The Dev) has received death threats over the delay of this game - This is shocking, its a sick world we live in.
ben 6 months ago
yes I never understand why we always get stuff last
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 6 months ago
I blame the EU... PMSL. With regard to the sick individuals, I'm hoping/looking forward to an extinction level event