Tuesday E3 Chat - June 14

It feels like we've been working for a whole week already and it is only Tuesday. What a busy week, with Microsoft's conference, Ubisoft's and Sony's. It's been a lot to take in.

There was certainly plenty of announcements, although if you missed any of them you can catch up on Microsoft's here and Ubisoft's here and Sony's here.

What was your favourite announcement? Did any of these announcements surprise you?

Let's chat!

Edited On 14 Jun, 2016

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 6 months ago
crash bandicoot remaster made me happy. Lets hope i can get past ripper ro in the first game this time.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 6 months ago
Let's rate the conferences. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Turniplord 6 months ago
The Lego Star Wars awakening demo is on psn. Had a go this morning. Pretty good. You can build multiple things from a pile, you build, then smash and build a different thing with the sand bricks. Can't wait for the full game!
Turniplord 6 months ago
For me it's ubisoft, Sony, MS, Bethesda, EA. I just love the ubisoft presentation and they had a few cool games this year that I'll be getting. I thought they would have done an assassins creed teaser though :( - then Sony for the unleaked games that were a surprise. MS was okay but I'm still worried about the whole PC/Xbox syncrosity - it's a good thing for PC gamers but I feel it's gonna be bad in the long run maybe. Plus Scorpio - on paper it's great but how will devs find making 1 disc run acceptably on both the original and the 4x more powerful system without sacrifices? Then Bethesda and EA with no surprises, boring shows and nothing that interested me personally
Jason 6 months ago
Scorpio made for the people based on feedback and a load of great games made MS 5 stars. Why was there no mention of Everybodys Golf on PS4 this was announced last year for this year and still no date. I thought the Sony conference was a 2 star show theyve done a MS fallen away of the pace after getting caught up with a stupid gimmick which this time is VR and not kinect and they are going to pay a huge price. Why buy a ps4.5 and VR when you can just go 4k gaming next year with a far superior VR and system LOL done up like a kipper
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 6 months ago
i much prefered sonys conference to MS just because it was video after video after video.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 6 months ago
I agree with Turnips order Sony had the better games then Microsoft just! As i said this was Microsofts worse line up of games ever not really much compliment to Sony. Ubisoft wins mainly just on South Park which is the only thing out of all 5 that got me excited. Sadly gaming is in a bit of a slump creative wise its mainly now just sequels and all people want is power and graphics in consoles and dont care about experiences and stories.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 6 months ago
jason you won't be able to game in 4k...
Turniplord 6 months ago
Was streaming South Park the stick of truth last night. Runs perfect on ps4 - viewers were saying the 360 and PS3 stuttered, didn't see any of that last night. The trials of the blood dragon is fun too - 15 gig 'application data' download though so will play the actual content tonight, you only get 3 track before getting the data - it has a part you get off your bike and go into platforming - dunno if I like that though in a trials game.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
Turniplord 6 months ago
Did anyone watch the PC show? I caught a glimpse, 343 promoting halo wars and a 'no mans sky' kind of game.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 6 months ago
oh yeah fair dos i take it back.. probably going to retail at an arm and a leg.
Turniplord 6 months ago
Just throwing this out there - would you rather have a console that aims to have 1080/60 as a minimum spec or one that will try and push 4k but lose the fps stability? I know both will easily do 1080/60 but I'd rather stay at that. Even if I got a Scorpio I would hope it has a 1080/60+ lock on there to get a more stable and smooth gaming experience. Wonder if they will do a Xbox/oculus/htc bundle? I didn't understand the new controller for the Xbox though, what have they changed?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 6 months ago
i'm all for 60fps on everything. Downgrade the graphics as long as i get 60fps i'm happy.
Turniplord 6 months ago
Same here toots. Not everyone has a 4k TV so won't benefit from it (apart from the sow sampling) but I'd rather just get 1080/60 fixed first, release patches for games that preformed really bad on current gen and make all games that come out run buttery smooth (just cause 3 on ps4 is annoying, 1 explosion and it doesn't like it haha!!)
Turniplord 6 months ago
Down sampling - on a phone you can't see the first few words you type on each line - it's really annoying :(
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
Sonys was showing more new games but not releasing this year whereas the games MS were showing were mostly releasing this year. Usually any new games announced at E3 do not get released until a year or two later, and I bet MS showings were reduced as devs kept games back until next years E3 so they can enhance it for Scorpio and show it it off then on Scorpio hardware, and be released next year too. Plus there will be other new games for 2018/2019 too. Next year MS will be way more interesting.
Jason 6 months ago
Most people I know now have 4k tvs and those who dont will shortly its about to be mainstream SKY Q and new consoles going 4k will massively push sales of 4k tvs. Mines a beast but you can pick therm up for little more than a regular now and nows the time to buy with sky and consoles adding support.
Jason 6 months ago
PHILIP 6 months ago
Wafflenator's avatar
Wafflenator 6 months ago
Was looking for MS to finally sell me on the X1 but instead I have no reason to buy any version of a X1. All the games I was interested in by MS are coming to PC.
Nintendo at 5 :)
Turniplord 6 months ago
Just got this - Still debating if I want it yet though: Thanks for Pre Ordering the PlayStation VR. We can now confirm you have been granted Day One allocation and will be amongst the first to experience PSVR on 13th October 2016! Please ensure you have sufficient funds in your account from the 6th October to cover the cost of the item. After three failed attempts to take payment you will no longer be granted day one stock and will need to re order. Kind Regards,
Jason 6 months ago
Cant really see the point in half baked PSVR now as you need a new console and within months its going to be like a dreamcast compared to a ps4 in comparison, sonys psvr sales are going to die rapidly with this announcement. Sony have nothing planned for a better system except a mini upgrade to handle the psvr lol i cancelled my psvr as its pointless when i can have a scorpion and a rift that will be future proof for ages and far better quality
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 6 months ago
"The Scorpio is capable of 4K gaming, but the S and the Neo are not capable of 4K gaming." This is not true. PS4K or Neo is a 4K gaming machine as far as we know. The S and Neo are different. The S is simply a 4K Player and does not support games other than for HDR.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 6 months ago
"PHILIP about 3 hours ago @Joe Anderson. ... Thank you for taking time posting all the E3 updates. Cheers mate." No worries :)
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 6 months ago
"Jason about 4 hours ago Also watching Rangers pump Celtic next year in 4K is worth the cash alone hehehe" I'm with you there. Come on the Gers #watp #rangersfamily.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 6 months ago
Joe do you know anything about the pre order situation with South Park and the free Stick of Truth. As doesnt seem to be up on PS Store at the moment dont know if its on Xbox either. Heard if you order it on Ubi Store you get a code but its not clear from the website if thats how it works.
Turniplord 6 months ago
@bindina - I called Ubisoft to cancel my order (I ordered and paid for it on ubisoft last night) they said they hadn't heard of it. Looking at the website with the offer - I think its USA/Canada only for instant access - everyone who pre-orders gets it, but you get it on release of the stick of truth - I was playing it a few hours last night on my PS4 as it downloaded as soon as I pre-purchased on PSN
Turniplord 6 months ago
This was the page but only for US orders by the looks of it (diverts to UK if you try and order - with no offer). People are saying the PS4 version will be censored like the PS3 and that's why it is delayed? The version I have has no censorship on it at all. http://southpark.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/buy/index.aspx
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 6 months ago
Not to bothered about the censorship just seems a lot of hassle to go to get the game ie setting up a new account and getting dollar credit for PSN. Hopefully some concrete news will come out about the UK versions soon
Turniplord 6 months ago
haha yeah! Worked out okay for me as it was 40 quid as opposed to the 55 over here :)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
@Joe I said the Neo was not capable of 4K gaming because It was Turnip saying that the Neo does not play games in 4K, only a 4K player, and kept saying several times that he did not understand why people need a 4K TV. From your other article you say "There's no concrete proof of the specs of PlayStation Neo" so I guess Sony have gone back to the drawing board and you hope it will be a 4K gaming machine when finally released?
Turniplord 6 months ago
@ super - yeah, it was originally a 4k upscale and 4k player but not 4k gaming as they were concentrating on 1080/60 - I guess things may be re-thought through now, but the original plan from Sony was 1080/60 [at least] by default in neo mode
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
Eurogamer have done a spec analasys on Scorpio and cleared a few things up. Scorpio is capable of true 4K but Neo is only capable of upscaled 4K, as they have "seen the internal documents that outline Sony's upscaling strategies for 4K display support" They state that it is not feasable to create a modified Neo now, and their only option is to create another machine like Scorpio. They also say if they release Neo this year then the year head start could give them a foothold to withstand people moving to Xbox with Scorpio, but if Neo releases in 2017 people could hold out for Scorpio. If VR is coming Oct then Neo must be releasing this year, and Sony may not need another new machine unless people do take to Scorpio more than PS4(K). It seems going forward there will probably be no more new consoles, eg like PS5 (where PS4 games will not play on), each company will just keep making new more powerful hardware, where all games from PS4 / Xbox ONE will still be playable.