Sony's PS4K wasn't at E3 because Sony isn't ready to show it yet

Microsoft announced it's Xbox One S and the next Xbox known as Scorpio at its E3 press conference, however Sony is also planning an addition to its PlayStation line-up and according to Andrew House.

So why wasn't it at E3? Well, according to Andrew House it's not there because Sony wants to show what difference it'll make to gamers when it eventually arrives. He added that Sony won't show the console until it can show off the various range of experiences that come with it.

House states that it is "an addition" to the current PS4 line-up rather than a replacement. He says that games will essentially play "an awful lot prettier than they have previously."

There's no concrete proof of the specs of PlayStation Neo, or PS4K as we like to call it, at this time and it does seem likely that Sony will be casting an eye over Microsoft's way to see what they are doing in this space.

Whether we will be PS4K this year or not remains to be seen, but one things for sure, Sony isn't going to sit on it's hands and watch Microsoft take all the credit for having more powerful hardware.

Edited On 14 Jun, 2016

Comments
trancematic's avatar
trancematic 6 months ago
Personally i think the Neo would have released this year if Microsoft had not dropped a bombshell with there reveal of the Scorpio. There is no way Sony are going to release a Neo with specifications well below the Microsoft Scorpio machine. Given Microsoft had stated its going to be released Holiday 2017 which generally means November time then I'm afraid its back to the drawing board for Sony and a new think on what to put inside it. The reason the playstation 4 is outselling the xbox one is simple,better resolution and better frame rates,and better exclusives,microsoft have to act and retaliate and Sony Now have to respond with better hardware.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 6 months ago
Yeah, I agree in a way. Unless Sony releases the PS4K and then has another ready for when MS releases Xbox One Two (scorpio)
Jason 6 months ago
I really think Sony are introuble, MS can afford to throw out machines at a loss as there super rich to get a major share of the market im not so sure Sony can and they have been caught out, i really think they are in trouble
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
See, I don't really agree with all of that. They have the games, the exclusives, the franchises and the support of developers so I don't think the power is an issue of the Neo. As long as they can deliver at the guaranteed 1080/60 on every Neo enhanced game then I don't see an issue being a bit less powerful. Plus, like I said before - the Xbox 2 will be limited because the same game on the disk has to work on both the old and new consoles. Will be interesting to see how they do this going forward
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
plus, they have said above they want to show what it will do - its different showing the specs on paper than actually how it affects the games - I agree
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 6 months ago
Sony in trouble they are outselling xbox 3 to 1 at the moment so give it a rest. Xbox selling about 50 xbox ones in Japan compared to sonys 20,000 scorpio isnt going to change that
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 6 months ago
Neo will support 4K gaming as far as I know, so I can't see an issue really. Third party games won't run away. It could be that people won't buy Scorpio because it's too expensive and if it doesn't sell the publishers will stick to making games for the machine with the biggest market share. Remember 40 million people own a PS4, they aren't all of a sudden going to abandon it and their games library to start again on a different machine that doesn't play their games. PS4K might be a good compromise for those people.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
there may have been hardly any surprises at this years E3, but it has sparked a lot of debates!
Mangaman1's avatar
Mangaman1 6 months ago
PS4K is a mid gen upgrade I guess to give better VR support. Xbox Scorpio is releasing 4yrs from Xbox one and is so powerful it's a new generation. Sony will release ps4k this year and put out a new console ps5? Which will match or better Scorpio at same time
trancematic's avatar
trancematic 6 months ago
I don't think you can produce a console comparable with the scorpio and turn that around in 18 months,i also don't believe that they would release the Neo this year and a playstation 5 a year later,to me thats virtually impossible.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
Yeah, the Scorpio has probably been in development/in their thoughts for a year or so already, they have just kept really quiet about it. I still believe if Sony can get a constant 1080/60 then the Neo will be good until the end of the current gen life cycle in about 3/4 years time
Jason 6 months ago
I cant imagine that would be good enough . This generation has shown power is boss. People flock like sheep to the best hardware so 1080 60 fps will not vut it for another 2 years never mind 4-5. And if Sony sit idle on a lesser machine they will lose the upper hand and loads will move back to xbox..its a fickle world.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
That's just it though, it isn't all about power. Look at the wii, less power than the 360 and PS3 yet everyone had one. Or the 3ds, less than the vita but the 3ds is still very much alive. Gamers want stable games and features on the console (MS took too long to bring back some features they should have had day one). Plus the exclusives, some like MS' but I prefer the Sony ones as they are more my style, plus all the Koei games etc. people go where the games are, not where the power is as such. That's why I was worried about all this Xbox AND PC because technically all the good Xbox exclusives are now on PC as well so if you were going to get an Xbox for the exclusives as you have a PC then there is no longer a point. We will see once real specs and footage gets out but I don't see 40m people giving up their catalogue of games to go to the other console. I have over 200 ps4 games so I won't be moving until the next gen jump (if there is one)
Nicholas 6 months ago
I have loads of people saying sinus in trouble from ms. But in all fairness are they , no not really Xbox one and ps4 released within a few weeks off each other . And Sony have smashed Xbox . To me ms seem desperate to get something out there to try n get there title back. Yes 4K TVs are cheaper but still say you pay £500 for a good 4 k tv and at least another £500 for Scorpio it's a bit extreme . Cause now you have to get the tv to get the best out of the console . On the other hand sonys neo was reported to be least powerful. The reason that there won t have being revealed at e3 , is that they will no doubt make it better than Scorpio . In my opinion Microsoft need to be worried as they have rumours about sonys hardware not facts. Sony next few months will come clean with neo , and if both sides go head to head at same time I dare say Sony will come out best. As for e3 all games shown by Sony we on ps4 . Iwould you really wanna buy a console from Microsoft ,that did get it right first and miss out on games from Sony after that e3?