Thursday Chat: June 16

E3 is just about over now as far as big announcements are concerned, although Quantic Dream have revealed that they will have announcements later today, whatever that could be. Otherwise it's back to normal of reviewing games and writing news at a normal pace, well at least until Gamescom gets here.

So how are you all? Let's Chat!

Edited On 16 Jun, 2016

Comments
listerdaleo's avatar
listerdaleo 6 months ago
Well Koei's game 'Berserk' does certainly look interesting by the trailer ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvV8bIls10 Also found out that batman VR is only 2 hours long even with side missions ... so thats a shame really.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
I'm gonna guess it will either be detroits date (maybe it's ready now?) or that they are making an actual movie - what he has always wanted to do!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
have you read the report on Eurogamer about what Phil Spencer said about the Xbox one s and the Scorpio! it's quite interesting
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
This is an interesting quote: "I'm not going to put that as a top-selling feature of Scorpio because not all games use dynamic scaling; I'm trying to be transparent with people about where we are in the design of Project Scorpio and what it was designed for. It was designed in order to enable these high-fidelity 4K experiences. So some of the existing games will actually run a little better if they're using dynamic scaling, but I wouldn't buy Scorpio to run your existing library of Xbox One games [better]. I wouldn't suggest somebody does that." ---- Basically saying that only a few of the games will run 'a little better' - if this is the case wtf is the beefy tech going to be used for? Games which come out specifically with 4k textures? I'm actually a bit confused
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 6 months ago
Turnip just going from what you quoted as I havent read it does he not mean the games that are already out so say the likes of black ops 3, forza 6, and so on might not look better. However the future games made with the specs in mind will.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
My PS plus has expired, and I plan on renewing next montg, but in store I noticed I do not get option to renew for 12 months, only 1 or 3. However if I go to view an episode of Powers or go through the PS+ link on the home screen of the PS4 and then choose Join PS+ in the top right of the screen it gives me option of 3 or 12 months. So I click on 12 months and shows price of 33.99 and think great price, so I click accept and then it says not available to purchase. All totally bizarre, I do not see 12 months would be blocked to me. I suppose if I buy a code for 12 months from shopto or wherever it will work but then it could get denied too. Time to check with customer support. If I can renew for 33.99 I will do it now, otherwise I will wait until next month.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
@Zombie - the quote was in the middle of his comments though - there were a few 'strange' things in there, saying there is no point buying a scorpio unless you have a 4k TV as the gaming on a 1080 wont be much different than the xbox one (which is strange with all that power) and a few other bits that people can't make sense of. I just think he should have kept his mouth shut :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
@super - does it have the option but the 'buy' is greyed out? if so it usually says 'tell me more' and clicking that will say why it isn't available.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
It says I can not buy because I already own Playstation Plus 1 year subscription + 2months free. I don't think I have bought one with 2 months free. Support could not deal and passes issue to billing who will email back.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
Another reason for me not to get the S, is that they have removed the Kinect socket, but you can still use the kinect device via an additional adapter. The Scorpio will no doubt be the same. The Scorpio will succeed if they can get it £400-500, by cutting deals with AMD etc but any more than that may as well build a decent windows 10 machine or get a gaming laptop. I am still not upgrading to Windows 10 as I do not like it. Family have upgraded and I can not find Internet explorer and paint. It is too app based. Worst windows I have ever used. Scorpio means I do not need a new PC, as long as it is priced right. PS4 succeeded, because it was not only a bit more powerful than Xbox ONE but was a nice price.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 6 months ago
From what I can gather is that playing Scorpio games on 4K you get 4K experience, but if on a HDTV you will get a 1080p/60fps experience. If playing Scorpio games on Xbox ONEs then will get something like 900p or 30fps. If playing Xbox ONE games (games made before Scorpio) on Scorpio some may be enhanced.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
@super. That's what I thought as that's technically what the Neo is aiming to do but Sony are making all games on Neo mode be at least 1080/60 with no exceptions supposedly (guessing indie 8bits will get away with less tho!) - but he way he worded it is really bad. It's like one moment he said if you don't have a 4k TV then the Scorpio isn't for you and if you have an Xbox one then the s won't be worth buying either. I thought he would be promoting them more than he did! I just don't like the use of 'a bit' and 'may increase performance' - I'm just waiting for a new PR based reply to the interview to come out.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
Regarding your subscription - maybe you got it when they had that deal on but didn't realise? If so it probably doesn't allow you to have more than 12 months at a time or something? Bit strange that one.