PS4K won't shorten the PS4 life cycle, because it's still a PS4

Sony says PlayStation Neo won’t shorten PS4 life cycle.

Even though the system has yet to be formally detailed by Sony, there's already plenty of rumours swirling around that this could be the start of a new generation of consoles, however Worldwide Studios boss, Shuhei Yoshida has rubbished claims that we’re seeing the end of traditional console generations.

“The new high-end PS4 is still PS4, so the life cycle is not going to be shorter,” Yoshida told Gamewelt.TV.

Sony’s Jim Ryan recently said that we've not yet seen anything on PS4K because the company is not at the stage to be able to show the benefits of it to the consumer.

“In terms of the very public articulation of it on a stage, we really want to be ready and be able to demonstrate it properly and all of that. So we will do that when we are ready, when we can show it properly.”

Are you excited to find out more about PS4K?

Edited On 23 Jun, 2016

Comments
PHILIP 7 months ago
I'm probably the only one on the planet thinking this but as it stands I am more than happy with the Ps4 and Xbox1 as they are havent really given the 4k or scorpio a thought really.
PHILIP 7 months ago
I know its business and things have to move with the times but I think both systems have fantastic graphics and games as it is.... Maybe I'm just getting old :-)
Jason 7 months ago
Yeah your getting old everyone I know is buying one mostly the scorpulus
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
@Jason - why do you keep calling it that rather than the Scorpio? I think your the only person I've seen call it that...
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 7 months ago
I just want them to put a bigger HD caddie in the 4k so my 4tb drive will fit in without my custom made extension I use :) 4tb works perfectly in rest mode on the latest firmware though - which is great. I do see their point though - throwing numbers and showing the machine is nothing unless they can show a direct comparison of the performance. I agree the games look great (except Tony Hawk) but its the performance that they need to increase which is why this urge for 4k isn't my thing - Long as they get a stable 1080/60 then that's cool. I'm guessing the PS4k will only do 4k playback and not gaming - or at least have the option to limit to 1080 to get the best performance out of the games.
Richard 7 months ago
I agree with you there philip maybe we are both getting old , mind you I guess the advent of the new X Box has obviously led to trying to get rid of old stock hence the new price for the X box 1 so good if you want to pick up and older version , though not very sensible from a business stand point. Though that in turn leads you to wonder on the price point on the new consol as well but all that good stuff still to come I guess
PHILIP 7 months ago
@Richard lol most probably like you say good for people who are thinking of maybe getting one.
PHILIP 7 months ago
@Jason everyone you know is buying a Scorpulus....WOW thats so impressive another 2 units sold then lol. Is mummy and daddy buying you one too ? If I were you I would email Sony now and inform them the 4k is a total failure because you and all your "friends" aren't buying one :-)