Microsoft has now made one million elite controllers

Microsoft has revealed that it has now manufactured its 1,000,000th Elite controller.

The $150 controller was mean't as a serious controller for those who play competitively or just wanted something a little more customisable.

It seems to be a runaway success though as head of Xbox Phil Spencer announced tweeted yesterday that one million have now been made.

It's unclear how many of these controller have actually been sold, but that's still an impressive number all the same.

Edited On 29 Jun, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
ohhh, they have 'made' 1 million - I thought they had sold 1 million! I recon they will put one with the Scorpio and maybe even the S to push sales - if they do that's probably a couple of hundred thousand there. I just never understood a 130 quid controller.
Hallix's avatar
Hallix 5 months ago
does this not show the shortfalls in the normal controller ; mine all have the joystick drift problem, very very fed up
Jason 5 months ago
This is without question the best £130 ive ever spent in gaming. Fantastic piece of kit and worth every penny.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 5 months ago
Jason, you're starting to sound like a North-of-the-Border Xbox fanboy!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 5 months ago
Why is ShopTo not selling it?! I believe it's Bluetooth, ain't it? So it's suitable for Android mobile gaming, is it not?! If it were to come with the Scorpio, well, MS might just have themselves a deal ^0^!!
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 5 months ago
We don't sell the Elite. Also I read that it is only bluetooth if you buy a dongle or something. I'd look into that before purchasing one if you need Bluetooth.
Bunglefluff's avatar
Bunglefluff 5 months ago
The Elite is the best gaming controller ever made. I have had/used every official controller for every console ever made and most third party ones too and this is easily my favourite. I was quite apprehensive about spending £120 on a controller but it was money well spent. I love its absolutely premium feel and full customization. The paddles that can be added are great for FPS games. When you think about it, its worth buying a good controller, its the interface between you and the thousands of hours you spend on a console in its lifetime. All other controllers now feel like cheap toys after using an Elite.
Jason 5 months ago
Its not bluetooth, no idea about a dongle but its not bluetooth on purchase. Not only that if it ever breaks beyond warranty its £20 repair so its a controller for life, rather than spending £50 on the same cheap pads with stupid pictures on them and calling them special editions as they just break to frequently due to cheap build. IF you held one you would understand they feel indestructable and ive yet to have mine or a friends break and i doubt they will. Its probably cheaper long term to buy this than waste money on cheap ones.