All future Xbox One titles will also launch on PC via Xbox Play Anywhere *update*

Update: As per the story below, Xbox Play Anywhere will launch on September 13, however according to a new post on the Windows blog, we now know that all future Xbox One games will also launch on PC, including we presume, any future Halo games.

"With the Xbox Play Anywhere program, you can buy a game once and play on your Windows 10 PC and Xbox One with shared progress, shared game saves and shared achievements," Windows & Devices Group CVP Yusuf Mehdi said last week. "Every new title published from Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store."

So there we have it. No more Xbox exclusives as such, as you'll also be able to pick them up on PC, if that's what you'd prefer.

Original: Microsoft has cleared up the confusion surrounding Xbox Play Anywhere, revealing that it will launch on September 13.

It was originally thought that it would launch alongside the Windows 10 Anniversary update, however that's not the case.

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update arrives on August 2 and the related Xbox update is coming September and will enable the Windows Store on Windows 10 and Xbox One to support Xbox Play Anywhere games.

You will need to have the latest Windows update and the latest Xbox One update to make use of the service, which will support the following games if bought digitally (although we expect this list will grow over time):

- Gears of War 4
- We Happy Few
- Crackdown 3

Edited On 04 Jul, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
So the update is in sept and the play anywhere is sept 13 - what did they have to clear up? They are both the same. I thought the update would be November as that's when it was last time and 'anniversary' is usually the same time 1 year later isn't it?
SilverShane's avatar
SilverShane 5 months ago
No if you read it there's another update update coming before that in August so people thought that was when it was arriving but it's not until September in a different update
SilverShane's avatar
SilverShane 5 months ago
The anniversary is for Windows not Xbox ... That's why in the article they are called different things
Jason 5 months ago
No point giving him the facts, just let him troll, its good reading
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
Okay, go ahead and moan at me - Once again... the article originally said that the update was in Sept and the Play anywhere was on Sept 13th - after I pointed that out it was changed to say August. I really don't know why you 2 'try' and moan at me over everything I say.... Maybe you should both grow up?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
Plus, the last anniversary update I remember for the Windows 10 PC platform was in November, that's why I thought it would be in November again rather than September. Again though, I don't understand why I'm even bothering explaining myself to you 2.
SilverShane's avatar
SilverShane 5 months ago
Well I don't know why you bother comment on anything Xbox or Windows related as you clearly don't like them lol youv never got anything good to say
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
@silver - take a look at my original message up there ^ what did I say that 'wasn't good'? I questioned the double Sept and that I thought it would have been November - if you think that's being negative about MS then there is seriously something wrong with you... Plenty of times you and the other one have purposely posted crap in Sony threads yet I don't twist things you say just for the fun of it. You both seriously need to grow up
SilverShane's avatar
SilverShane 5 months ago
Haha I post crap to wind you up in response to the crap you post on anything Xbox or Microsoft related .. I was pointing out what it said in the article ? I didn't have a go at you
SilverShane's avatar
SilverShane 5 months ago
I know how it looks but I wasn't to know the article had been changed from when you viewed it as it doesn't say edited or anything so what I read is what I thought you read so I was like how can't you make sense of that
spaceninjaUK's avatar
spaceninjaUK 5 months ago
Bit heated in the comments section!! CALM DOWN GUYS :)
Jason 5 months ago
You bring it on yourself turnip your like a one man Sony propoganda machine. Which is fine but not when its accompanied by constant bemoaning of Xbox, Its just low quality trolling.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
again Jason - grow up. I've said nothing bad about your precious Microsoft, I simply asked a question that wasn't even related to Xbox and you start acting like a 12 yr old prick. Soon as the function to block users comes in place on here you will be the first on it so I don't have to read any of your crap. BTW - seeing as you obviously go to school and have a lot of free time - go look at my comments in MS threads and yours in Sony ones, compare the 2 and then see who is spouting the most shit **spoiler** Its you....
Jason 5 months ago
now now now no need for name calling. You seize upon every chance to have a pop at MS or belittle there products. Just dont comment we know you dont like them so dont be so childish please just read it and move on and comment in your areas of interest and enjoyment ie Sony and PS4. Have a nice day sir and happy trolling
sackdemajick's avatar
sackdemajick 5 months ago
jesus christ you two arguing again!!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
Do you think they will do this with other exclusives that aren't published by Microsoft as well or only MS ones?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
@sack - nah, I give up now, I'm just ignoring him from now on.
spaceninjaUK's avatar
spaceninjaUK 5 months ago
Xbox are goin in a good direction in terms of being universal for the consumer but i cannot see how releasing no xbox exclusives on console is going to help them gain console sales??
Jason 5 months ago
People will be drawn to xbox because next year it will be the most powerful console on earth. It will be fully backwards compatible and offering games on both systems and cross platform play. Only a child would say im not buying an xbox because PC gamers get to play these games too. Most people dont have a pc capable of gaming anyway not to mention PC gaming is boring and complex compared to console gaming. PS got a good gen because of one reason Don Mattrick. enjoy it Sony as id guess the easy ride for you is about to end abruptly. All the switchers I know are chomping at the bit for the new XB Scorpulus
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 5 months ago
^ the fanboy is strong in this one.
Jason 5 months ago
It is true though innit. If the power is as big a difference as is being touted then the PS4.5 will suffer. That is just life people want the biggest and the best of gear thats why PS4 has outsold XB1 well its a large part of it that and Don
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 5 months ago
If the 'power' of your machine was your biggest concern you'd already be on PC.
Jason 5 months ago
Not really true though is it. Two totally different markets PC is confusing and difficult and expensive initial setup. Most people on consoles stick to consoles but they still want the best console money can offer. Surprised you think power differences between consoles means nothing to the consumer. Where have you been for the last 4 years...
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 5 months ago
Where have i been for the past 4 years? Enjoying the best gaming has to offer on PC. PC gaming isn't expensive. When the xbox1/ps4 release for the same price you could build a PC that would out perform them both. Before you use the whole " PC's are hard to build," they aren't. It's like Lego for men.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 5 months ago
Also to say it's two different markets is absolutely ridiculous. What makes it look even more ridiculous is that you posted it on a post which is discussing the use of a PC with an xbox.
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 5 months ago
Looks like I'll be building myself a HQ PC early September then :)
Jason 5 months ago
You trying to say console gamers dont care about shows whos ridiculous.
Jason 5 months ago
*power*
Jason 5 months ago
P cgaming is a nightmare for most people driver issues bios issues update issues, conflicts yawn ywan yawn most people want to buy a game stick it in and know it will run. Its easy to chat its easy to add friends its easy to use twitch its easy to do eveything its nothing like that on a PC hence why consoles are the number one choice for gamers and power is important to those users, you should team up with the other troll, i forget his name but you know who i mean
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 5 months ago
I'm going to take a running punt and say you haven't tried PC gaming? It just seems like everything you said is just so uneducated. I love consoles i really do but to say they're easier and better than PC is just plain ignorant.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 5 months ago
there's a reason Steam has more than 125 million active users...
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 5 months ago
I have been gaming on PC since 1988 and have built 3 PCs but PC gaming has declined now, devs are not pushing the PC much these days and focussing on consoles. PC is better than consoles but not when the devs badly port them. Arkham Knight on PC is a complete failure, Witcher 3 while PC was the best version, it could have been better if the devs did not work on console versions too. Quantum Break is better on Xbox ONE than PC, but should be better on PC. The problem with PC is devs have to cater for infinite setups, where as with console it is just one, or now with Neo and Scorpio will be two. I have pretty much gone off PC gaming now. Steam has gone rubbish, clicked through queues during the sale, and then went to sell my duplicate cards, and the items were pending as needed a mobile authenticator? Could not sell them could not get my summer badge. Sales are rubbish now due to refunds, (they should keep daily or flash awesome deals but not offer refunds). I only bought 1 game in the sale and that was wander for a few quid. Steam say peoples wishlist get bigger as if it is a good thing but only because people are not willing to pay the price at the time. Trackmania Turbo cost £22.99, on Xbox ONE it is £15 in the sale on now, last month on PS4 it was £20. Even console sales are getting better than Steam.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 5 months ago
PC has declined? It's the strongest it has ever been? With things like the vice and the rift it's paving the way for the future of gaming!
Jason 5 months ago
Console games are priority these day because its where the moneys at... PC just gets the converted scraps and noone really cares if it works or not to be honest
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 5 months ago
PC games have declined because devs are getting lazy or not allowed to put much effort into the PC ports. PC games were always better than console, but not now, as highlighted with Arkham Knight. Arkham Asylum was awesome. Witcher 3 on PC was dumbed down. Quantum Break performs better on Xbox ONE. PCs only hope is Microsoft, maybe they will get better devs and get the most out of their games on PC, now they are focussing on PC, and then hopefully other devs will follow, but right now I do not trust PC games being coded to perfection like they once were all up until about last year.
superniceguy's avatar